Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

as some of you know, i am pulling motor to replace the stator. got everything loose but one bolt. thats the front bottom motor mount bolt. i've tried tapping it with a hammer, won't budge, and don't want to screw it up. is there a trick or something?

it shouldn't be that difficult. any help, suggestions?

thank you,

mark z.:waving:

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
imported post

Hi, presumably you have the engine supported on a hydraulic jack under the centre of the engine? That's with a wooden block between. You need to lift the engine very slightlyto take the weight off the supporting bolts. Remember - the engine is veeery heavy. An assistant or two is recommended. Removal of the through bolt should then be achievable.

Les

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
imported post

You say you tapped it with a hammer. I would recommend a mallet or putting a block of wood between the hammer and the bolt. Vary the pressure on the jack and you will find the sweet spot and it should come right out.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

If you are talking about the one that goes all the way across the bottom of the engine I recently had one stuck from the devil. Someone had replaced the stock coated bolt with a hunk of all thread. I ended up removing the engine with the bolt still in. Then it took days of soaking and Beating with a mini sledge to get it out of the engine. When it did come out I had several tablespoons of white powder from the corrosion. If the bolt has been changed from stock to fit engine guards or similar you could be looking at a challenge.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

They do get stuck. I had to put a long bolt through mine for my front sidecar mount. I pulled my motor for the stator and of coarse it was stuck. I backed off the nut even with the end and smacked it a few times with a junk breaker bar I had, after shooting some WD40 around both sides. Several wacks and it came right out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.