Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought my first goldwing. It was on e-bay. I looked at all the pictures but did not notice that the LCD screen had a half moon imprint on it. I got a pretty good deal @$4950 and it had 68,000 miles. My question is, can something be done to the screen to repair it or do I have to replace it? Pretty nice other than that. Thanks Randy

·
Just Winging It
3,327 Posts
Welcome to the form.

·
Just Winging It
3,327 Posts
:claps:;):claps:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the LCD screens pretty much interchangeable or must you stick with the same year? I took it out a couple times last night and WOW!! I should say that I never tried out a 1500 before. I tried out my cousin's 1800 and I didn't really like it. I had a hard time getting my legs around the fairing with the tank assembly being so wide. A guy in town brought his 1200 over because it was dead. I got it going and I rode it around for the weekend. I instantly fell in love! I was really impressed with the power out of the 1200. I presently have 5 bikes and this is my first "big tour bike". I have '82 & '86 Magna's, '85 1100 Shadow, '72 CB750K2 and the '98 goldwing. I am a Craiglist junkie and couldn't find a 1500 that just came out and jumped out at me. I thought that I would just check out e-bay and see what was out there. I seen this one with no bids for three days so I put in my bid. Four days later, I won the bid. I really like the body style of the 1500 and I have no problem with my legs going on the highway pegs. This bike is chromed out and it has taken me a day and a half to get it polished out. I would appreciate any suggestions that anybody has about what to look out for when working on the bike. I am finding little things that need to be looked at but nothing that would stop me from riding it. I would like to thank everybody for their suggestions and comments. Randy:action:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Congratulations on the new Wing.

However you know one of the forum stipulations.........

Pictures, Or it didn't happen...... :?

Don't shoot the messenger, those are the rules.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.