Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Bought this 1500 yesterday

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Terryj630 
#1 ·
The 85 1200 I bought in August has been a fun project and I'm still not sure what I plan to do with it now, but this 1500 is miles ahead of it. Everything works on it, which is what really made me instantly fall in love with it.

It's a 95 Aspencade and yes the reverse works on it. Rode it 100 miles home from Ocala, FL yesterday. I intend to do some preventative maintenance for peace of mind over the next couple weeks.

Stopped at this little pub before we headed back home for some lunch and snapped a picture

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

See less See more
#3 ·
The guy I bought it from had a whole garage area separate from his house with a couple motorcycles, 4 wheelers, scooters etc. Just bought himself a newer yamaha touring bike. It's pretty clean. There are some surface rust spots on the chrome, but they're very minor. Bike feels well-tuned. Smooth as silk all the way home.

#6 ·
thanks Rayjoe! Would you use anything with that or just raw 0000?

Nice to buy a "Turn-Key"-ready bike! Looks great!

Did you ask if timing belts have ever been changed? PO of my '93 said "no" when asked so that's one of the first things I did when I bought it in spring of '17 even though it had only 43k on it.
Appreciate it!
I did ask him and he said 2016 but didn’t indicate mileage. I just ordered my gates belts and plugs this morning and will be arriving by Tuesday. That’s my plan for Saturday.
Just wrapped up an oil change a little bit ago. The bike runs fantastic. Need to bleed the rear brakes or possibly rebuild the master cylinder but otherwise she’s clean so far.

#5 ·
Nice to buy a "Turn-Key"-ready bike! Looks great!

Did you ask if timing belts have ever been changed? PO of my '93 said "no" when asked so that's one of the first things I did when I bought it in spring of '17 even though it had only 43k on it.

Reactions: 8bitopa
#7 ·
Great looking bike and to me one of the lesser seen colors. I agree that the mufflers are Harley take offs. Good on ya for going ahead with the belt replacement . You should be good for years of service after that .
If i recall the rear master is a bit tedious to remove .

#9 ·
Great looking bike and to me one of the lesser seen colors. I agree that the mufflers are Harley take offs. Good on ya for going ahead with the belt replacement . You should be good for years of service after that .
If i recall the rear master is a bit tedious to remove .
I love this color. I don't think I've seen it either. I don't like these mufflers honestly. They mount at an odd angle. And I'm not shocked that the master cylinder will be "fun" to get to.

Now you are talking. I rareley use reverse, but the cruise control, I GOTTA have.
How do those mufflers make it sound?
gumbyredd
I used reverse twice today just to see what it felt like to have it. I can see it maybe being useful with a little incline. The mufflers give it a slight grumble, but I think they're ugly as homemade sin personally.

#15 ·
Congrats you've got a nice one and there are not many teal ones. Reverse is a big plus on a bike that heavy, you would have been unhappy with the Interstate model.
:)
Appreciate it! The color is definitely not something I’ve seen before. I love this bike. The 100 miles home was silky smooth.

You do not need anything on the 0000 steel wool. It would be a bad idea to use any kind of lube with it. After using the steel wool you can just blow the residue off.

DO NOT use steel wool on anything that's painted!

Rayjoe
thanks for the tip!

#14 ·
You do not need anything on the 0000 steel wool. It would be a bad idea to use any kind of lube with it. After using the steel wool you can just blow the residue off.

DO NOT use steel wool on anything that's painted!

Rayjoe

Reactions: 8bitopa
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.