Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 GL1100
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Got the cable/throttle response issue fixed yesterday - thanks again.
History:
82 GL1100 - had been sitting for many years, not running when purchases.
Rebuilt carbs, idle mix set/synced now.
Haven't touched heads other than setting valve clearance after timing belt change.
Compression hot = kissing 150 - all cyls. Is that about the low end we want to see?
Guess I'll have him put a few hundred miles on before taking steps?
Should probably toss some valve stems seals in her though...

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Put some marvel mystery oil in the gas,will help everything,the compression is ok and will most likely increase after riding,
I had an 82 but I’ve never run a compression test on any of my wings

Reactions: kelly.trosper

·
Village Whack Job...
7,925 Posts
If you don't know when the timing belts were replace last I'd suggest replacing them. Also if it hasn't been done already cut out the three wire plug for the stator and just solder the wires the connectors are crap and tend to over heat and in turn fry the stator itself.

Another preventative maintenance task is to remove the rear wheel and clean/regrease the drive splines.

·
Registered
82 GL1100
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you don't know when the timing belts were replace last I'd suggest replacing them. Also if it hasn't been done already cut out the three wire plug for the stator and just solder the wires the connectors are crap and tend to over heat and in turn fry the stator itself.

Another preventative maintenance task is to remove the rear wheel and clean/regrease the drive splines.
good advice, thank you.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Post one says he changed the belts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts