Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, my blood-clotted body, particularly one leg is not gonna heal in time for NASSIR#4.
Besidesmoney isn't theredue to all Med-bills, $15K.

I'm not one to be open about this kind ofinfo of my private life, for I've always been to proud at being self-sufficient.I did all I could not to go into the hospital due to it's costs but my self remedy just wasn't working.

ODD, I was doing the same thing the docs later told me to do, #1 keep the leg up. #2use Warfarin (blood thinners). Mmmm no wait, I was, moderate beer. I know, I know, not the same thing. Still have to laugh no matter how bad it could be.

Our pooch, Bailey seems to know we're not going, he's moping around already.

I was hoping to get feedback on the bike-tube air cushion, pros or cons. Would have like to have heard'm in person.
I'm sending a fun little trinket for the auction, I'm sure you'll all get a chuckle out of it.

Thanks and hopefully we'll make "Nassir 5". :sad:
FM

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Hope to meet you next year FM.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Well Floyd .... you got to look after yourself 1st!

Sorry tp hear of your ailments, but I'm sure you'll have that in check for when N5 rolls around!

Will miss the 3 of ya! :(

Dusty

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Well Floyd .... you got to look after yourself 1st!

Sorry tp hear of your ailments, but I'm sure you'll have that in check for when N5 rolls around!

Will miss the 3 of ya! :(
Dusty

Attachments

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Thats too bad Floyd,,,,,, won't be the same without Baily to greet us early risers.

Hope the Docs get you back in order soon,,,, Best of luck to ya :waving:

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

Haven't tried your seat cushion but like the idea. Was thinking of making one and placing it in an old pillowcase cut and stitched to the same shape for convenience. Maybe someday when I'm retired and I have time...

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

QDaddy wrote:
Haven't tried your seat cushion but like the idea. Was thinking of making one and placing it in an old pillowcase cut and stitched to the same shape for convenience. Maybe someday when I'm retired and I have time...
Retire tomorrow, air-seat DONE!

:action:

Only takes maybe 15 to 30 minutes.

Since I have a pix up,maybe 10 minutes.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,838 Posts
imported post

I'm sorry you guys aren't going to make it Floyd but these dang bodies ain't what they used to be. Hoping you'll be well again soon!

John

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

I'm sorry to hear of your health problems Floyd, I hope you get better soon.

I may as well tell you all this now and get it over with. I haveheld off posting this until now and only Jluvs2dive, Flyone and wexy know so far.
Dylan and myself won't be able to attend either. As some of you know, Dylan damagedthe knuckleson his right handfrom fighting around Christmas timeand we have been attending the hospital since then. Two weeks ago we were given a date for an operation on his hand, the date is next Monday.
The surgeon said he could postpone it so we can have our holiday in the USA, but was unable to give us a guarantee ofhow soonhe can do the operation if we do postpone. Possibly November or January he said. As that is smack in the middle of Dylan's school exams year, I can't take a chance on it. We have already waited six months and with the state of the hospitals waiting lists, we have to grab the slot on Monday and be grateful for it. I had to make a decision and it is done.

We are both disappointed of course, we were looking forward to meeting up againwith our friends from the other side of the world, and with meeting some new ones too. I know that many of you wanted to meet Dylan and myself and I hate to let you down. Dylan has his bag of dollars burning a hole in his pocket, and will have to put it away for now. He was willing to postpone the operation as his hand isn't causing him much pain, but sometimes the Dad's have to make unpopular decisions.

I'm sorry to be posting this at all, and I know that you will all have a good time. Jluvs2dive and the lads have put a lot of time and effort into ensuring you all enjoy ourselves and I know that everything will go well.God willing, we will meet up next year.:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
imported post

Thats a shame to be missing that Steve & Dylan.. best of luck with the operation next Monday - hope all goes well and the hand heals well Dylan.

Sharon

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Very sorry to hear, Steve. I for one was really looking forward to meeting the 2 of you. However, you made the right choice as putting it off for who knows how long could cause more problems later on.I hope all goes well and we'll be thinking of you guys.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear that, FM..

andSteve (and Dylan), but getting well has to be the priority...

(and if things go like I think they will heere in the US, we'll have waiting lists like that here too..)

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
imported post

[align=center]
well the secrets out.. i was kinda hoping we would go anyway,, i have $1500 spending money saved up and i wanted to meet up with yuo all again.
my hand doesnt hurt but its hard to make a fist, and ya all know how i need both fists else i have to headbutt my way around. :ROFL:
the doctor said if we leave it too long i will end up with a claw hand. so operation on monday, out of hospital tuesday and maybe we will go away somewhere the next week to get a bit of the sun.
i was looking forward to America again this year.. the place is so big that the people are all diffrent. Colorado and New York were like 2 diffrent countries,,

hey maybe next year Floyd. :waving:

[/align]

·
Premium Member
56,925 Posts
imported post

That's too bad.. Would have liked to see you both again.. Your decision is the right one for sure..

I hope everything goes well and Dylan has a speedy recovery..

·
Slow Learner
1,485 Posts
imported post

Bummer Steve, we were hoping to see the both of you again. Well that's it then. We simply must see you at Nassir 5. Good things come to those who wait. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.