Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I replaced my piston seals in the front left caliper and new pads on the rear. I went to bleed the system and the rear and front right are ok feeling but the front left just wont bleed. Bought a mity vac today and cant get a good seal on the tubing as it just keeps bubbling. Anyone in western Wa have any exp or knowledge in the art of GL1200 brake bleeding, I will provide cash and beer of your choice for your help.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

It will keep bubbling, because when the Mity-Vac is on the bleeder, and you loosen the bleeder, it sucks air in through the bleeder as well as fluid down the brake lines. Don't worry, just keep pumping the Mity-Vac. As long as there is brake fluid coming out, it's drawing it down from the reservoir.

I just did this today, and I just went back and forth - pump the brakes for a few minutes, then suck fluid out at the bleeder, then pump the brakes some more. I think after four times doing this, the brakes were solid, and no air was left.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Did you seal your bleeder(s)? I use the Loctite 598 black sealant on the bleeder screws or in a pinuch I'll use teflon tape. Something that works better than the vac are the #SB8125L speed bleeder. Speed bleeders have a built-in check valve.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

No have not sealed the threads of my bleeders, All my other bikes bleed as easy as car brakes this wing is just a pain in the ass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.