Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Everyone:

I would like to install a Brake Light Modulator on my 84 GL1200 Aspencade. I would like to install it to operate the trunk brake lights, but do not know the color of the wire coming from the trunk harness that i have to cut, to splice the modulator into. Can someone Please let me know what the color of this wire can be? it would greatly be appreciated!

Thank You, John.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

green/yellow or brown, that is the question, without pulling the seat off i cant remember, i have mine on the trunk brake lights only, if i get chance later on i'll take the seat off and have a quick shuftie

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

Hey John,

Did you every get your modulator put on? I am attempting to install a Back Off Wig Wag modulator right now, and I am looking for the wires myself. How did you make out?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hi Jerry;
I did get it installed on my 84 aspencade, but I did not have the wig wag model, just the xp model since I only wanted the trunk brake lights to flash! The wire color was green/yellow for the trunk brake lights. I don't know if this is the same color for the bottom brake lights?

John

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

I installed a "Rear-Alert" to activate my added LED fender light and license plate light bar's. It is a simple hookup and can handle 10amps with standard bulbs or LED's without a load equilizer. About 7 flashes then on until brake is released.
I got mine off ebay for about $14. If interested...Google Rear Alert and you will find all the information on this gizmo.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

if you had a volt meter, you could test which one gets 12volts when you push the brake lever or pedal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.