Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought a 1992 SE Gl1500 and it has a brake light modular on it. But only one light modulates. The other comes on but that is it. They were both working but only one now. I have looked under the seat, in the trunk but so far I cannot find it. Where would one install the modulator? Also any reason why one would work and the other side not?

Thanks for the help.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Goinggold, it should be under the seat toward the rear possibly on one side or the other of the fender. It should be near the junction for the rear lighting. Good luck.:waving::waving::waving::waving::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Goingold, you might find it in the lid on your back trunk behind the passengers back rest, that's where I put my system. :waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

As others have said the unit can be under the seat or in the rear trunk, or even under the rear fender. The reason that one light is working and the other is not it would seem that one of the the older back off or wig wag units has been used. These units do have a separate lead wire for right and left sides. So very possible one of the connections has came loose.

If the rear brake light lights but does not modulate, then that particular connection is not making contact, if the light in question does not work at all, then quite possible the modulator itself has became defective.
(you have checked the bulb?)
Kit

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I found it. It was behind the trunk/saddle bag, release levers. replaced it and everything works great. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
imported post

Yep, that's where mine is on my 93 Aspy - was going to tell you to look there but you beat me to it...

Les

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

If it isn't plug n' play, I would suggest soldering the wires together. Nice clean connection without the possibility of the wires becoming disconnected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.