Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brake Light Modulator

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  lbill95 
#1 ·
imported post

I have a 1999 SE and wish to install a Wig Wag brake light modulator. I have the seat off but I cannot tell which wiring harness goes to the taillights. The wiring harnesses on the Goldwing are more complicated than most cars.

Can anyone offer any help with finding the correct harness? Do the trunk and saddlebags need to be removed to get to the tail light harness? Are the wires on the fuse box side of the connector the same colors as at the light (G/Y. Br, Dg)?

#2 ·
imported post

Right over the rear fender there are 3 or 4 connectors in a row. One is for the air ride, one is for the tail/brake lights and I don't remember what the other one or two is for. I do believe the wiring color remains the same. May have to pull back the wiring covers a tad to see wire colors. Hope this helps a little.

#3 ·
imported post

Are you wanting all of them to blink or just certain ones? To get all of them there is a 22 pin blue connector under the left rear of the seat. Green/red wire. If you want just the trunk light or saddlebag lights to blink get back to me on which ones.

#5 ·
imported post

Just the trunk lights there is a 6 pin connector under each side of the trunk the green/yellow in those is the brake light wire. I would run a wire from both to the modulator then back to both to the lights to keep from putting all the load on one of the wires.

#7 ·
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Just the trunk lights there is a 6 pin connector under each side of the trunk the green/yellow in those is the brake light wire. I would run a wire from both to the modulator then back to both to the lights to keep from putting all the load on one of the wires.
You could go to the g/r wire but you have to come back to the wires mentioned above so why not just tap in there. Cut both wires, run a wire from both to the input of the modulator then run 2 wires from the output back to the g/y wires on each side.
You could also try to find the splice where the g/r meets the g/y and connect the mod in there. It is somewhere in the harness to the rear of the main connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.