Not open for further replies.

brake light senson on 1200sei

513 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Shooter 
#1 ·
imported post

where is the darn thing located

#2 ·
imported post

Welcome to the forum.I've no clue about the SEI,but I'll be looking for mine today after I install some LED lamps in my tail/brake sockets. Keep checking your post, somebody here will know for sure... :gunhead:

#4 ·
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
Front or rear sensor?
Again, not too sure of the SEI, but my book only mentions one sensor, unless he has brake lights mounted on the front of his wing. The new LEDS work great, but I still haven't located the sensor...:D :gunhead:

#5 ·
imported post

:waving:Welcome to the Forum from North Central Texas!
What do you need? Are you working on the tail/brake/license plate lights or do you need the sensor indicator bulb not to light?:baffled:
The 1984 GL 1200 Honda Service Manual shows the sensor to be located at the right side of the battery near the top. Not sure if it is the same on the SEI or other year models.
If you are trying to get the light to not burn:
1. Remove the bulb;
2. Remove the pin in the sensor connector with the White/Yellow (yellow tracer) wire;
3. Unplug the sensor connector and rewire the connector so the tail/brake/license plate bulbs have power to light correctly.
Hope this helps.

#6 ·
imported post

Thanks Wichita, yeh, I'm tracking down the sensor also, My book shows the W/Y wire and the sensor, but not the location. Will have to check it out some more after work.:bowing: :gunhead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.