Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Noticed tonight that the brake light wont go off. Stays on all the time. Brakes still work fine though. Could it be the handlebar switch needs replacing?? When I squeeze the lever, I cant hear the switch like I could yesterday.

Thanks

Speedbird

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Speedbird,

Probably is the switch. Easiest way to tell would probably be to disconnect the switch and see if the light goes out. If it does then try ohming out the switch. Might be shorted across the terminals.

Might be able to clean it up with some spray electrical contact cleaner. Could just be some dirt in there.

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

Yeah! What AZWinger said! :goofygrin: :grinner:

Disconnect and see if the light goes off.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
imported post

Speedbird wrote:
Noticed tonight that the brake light wont go off. Stays on all the time. Brakes still work fine though. Could it be the handlebar switch needs replacing?? When I squeeze the lever, I cant hear the switch like I could yesterday.
Speedbird, more than likely it is either the front or rear brake switch sticking or hanging up.. It's much easier to work with the rear brake pedal switch so start there & make sure it is operational, not sticking, & the brake pedal returns correctly.. If the rear switch is working OK then you will have to check the function of the front (hand lever) switch..

Twisty

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Ok, thanks, I will disconnect the switch and see whats up with it. I wasnt aware that the light would stay "ON" if the switch malfunctiomed. I figured it would stay off.

thanks

Speedbird

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Speedbird wrote:
Ok, thanks, I will disconnect the switch and see whats up with it. I wasnt aware that the light would stay "ON" if the switch malfunctiomed. I figured it would stay off.

thanks

Speedbird
Could go either way.

Twisty is right! Check the levers for proper movement and full return. The pedal has been known to stick a little bit. Might just need some cleaning and lube.

Bob :11grey:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.