Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
big PIA
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen posts where people have talked about the brake lights that flash a few times before turning solid. Can anyone tell me what lights these are or where to get them? Didn't want to search all the light posts

·
Administrator
24,404 Posts

·
635 Posts
i bought a few for my 2012 on e bay the bulb flashes fast then to a complete on, i also have the trailblazer on my third brake light that flashes very fast and then comes to a complete on, i also swapped out the red taillight above the licence plate and made it a brake light which isn't one from the factory i'll try and post a vid later

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Flashing brake lights helps drivers behind you see you better. I tap the brake pedal on my car when coming to a stop to flash the brake lights on my car also

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts

·
Administrator
24,404 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I simply used LED bulb replacements in my 96 SE and they work great. Bought more for my other vehicles. Just make sure you get the right replacement to fit into your socket as it should. Mine are from a company called GENSSI. I used the 1157-FLASH-R model bulbs. They come two to a pack. Just google " GENSSI 1157-FLASH-R " and you'll get what you want quickly. Either way you go good luck!

·
big PIA
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those led bulbs look interesting, seems most cost effective and easy, how many have our members have tried these?

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use Rivco bulbs on my 2012. They flash then steady on, no connectors, relays or anything. Just replace the regular bulbs. Comes in set of four.

·
big PIA
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I simply used LED bulb replacements in my 96 SE and they work great. Bought more for my other vehicles. Just make sure you get the right replacement to fit into your socket as it should. Mine are from a company called GENSSI. I used the 1157-FLASH-R model bulbs. They come two to a pack. Just google " GENSSI 1157-FLASH-R " and you'll get what you want quickly. Either way you go good luck!
I think I am going to order a set of these in a couple weeks, would rather not mess with the wiring if I don't have to. I appreciate the responses, all good information. Always get great help from here concerning Goldwings

1 - 15 of 15 Posts