Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I ordered some new lines from a supposedly reputable dealer and when I opened the package, they are too long by about 4 inches. Now, I know it's better than too short, but I'm not too happy about it esp. since I planned on putting lower than stock bars on the bike at some future point. I'm trying to get an answer out of the company, but so far no answer forthcoming.

Can someone measure their stock lines on a 78 or 79 wing for me?

What say ye on installing these?

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

A.R., how do you mean? the bike does have a clip for the hose, but even with that there is still a bit flopping about, IMO kind of close to the wheel and the radiator. i'll have to install to know for sure, and seeing as i have no response to my emails to Sirisus Consolidated, i may go ahead and try (of course, impeding my ability to return them)

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

Ok,

All measurements are from center of banjo bolt to center of banjo bolt:

top hose 20 and 1/2 inches

bottom hoses 19 and 1/2 inches.

My 79 still has the factory hoses. I was gonna buy a set from the same place you did...so please let me know what you find out. (I don't want a longer set either)

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
imported post

Since you have the hoses install them dry and loose, can you rotate them as in a loop to loop, do not twist them at all the pressure within will try to untwist them, but looped there is no problem, or can you make an expansion loop in the way you install a small loop see sketch

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.