Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this braided line and thought I would try it,seems to be small inside diameter,?
guess I will put it on just for a quick summary.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,198 Posts
You might be surprised how small the ID of the rubber lines are.

Reactions: BadMonk's1200

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
439 Posts
The rubber brake lines have an almost identical liner to that stainless one, the rubber is more of a protection

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
179 Posts
Most rubber lines are 3/16 id

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk
So are Steel.

I did cut the rubber hoses on my bike when taking them off. I think both have a plastic liner. The rubber lines had a light steel braided shell inside the rubber. Not like the steel braided line, but similar.

Pure Texas, put them on. My wing is 20 years old. I needed to replace all lines anyhow, so I went with steel braided instead of OE.

David

·
Registered
103 Posts
I did all the brake lines on my 1500 in stainless steel, when I had it, a couple of those are really a challenge. What a difference it made. Loved it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a rear hose blow on a 2000 BMW R1100RT. I was on a trip. Luckily it was only the rear. I limped home. Somehow I ended up with a brand new 2012 R1200R.
This wing is the same vintage as the BMW was, so I replaced them all for piece of mind.
David

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’ve been using steel braided lines ever since 1979. When m78 started feeling brake fade. Wrapped my fingers around OEM hose and gave handle a good squeeze. Could feel it expand!!! Amazing difference with steel braid. Much better stopping powe.

Reactions: Dirt Road Cowboy
1 - 13 of 13 Posts