Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After all these years I want to replace my 83 wing's brake hoses from caliper back to res. Some time ago read thread giving part numbers from napa and others. Anybody have those part numbers?
Thanks, Al

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

More like $200

It would be prudent to read about the difference in the stainless lines made by the different manufacturers.

Pesonally I am leaning toward the HEL brake and clutch lines, none of them are cheap but we want the best for our bikes don't we?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Just because the lines are more expensive, doesn't make them better. Just a much, much higher markup.

You may find a local shop making them, but HEL and Goodrich are good.

You may also have better luck with sending your old lines into someone and having them duplicated in braided SS lines. That's what I did with Paragon originally.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Paragon won't sell anyone stainless steel brake hoses because VencoWings took over exclusive rights to Honda GL brake hoses. But, if you send them exact dimensions and don't mention that they are for a Gold Wing they will build you a custom set.

Vic

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Yeah Vic,(howdy by the way:waving:) Venco cranked up the prices a bit when they bought the line. I have went to a local hydraulic shop and they said they could make me some braided SS lines for less than I could buy them online. Worth checking into.

Regards,

Hobie

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
imported post

I can't directly address your area but generally I suspect there is a fabricator in your area to service the commercial industry. I had mine made at San Antonio Brake. They will do them in any materialincluded stainlesscolors and pressure test them to DOT. Just a thoughtabout another possible option. dj

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.