Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hello all im looking for a part # for my 1979 GL1000 i need the front brake lite switch. honda stated it is not in there parts list so i need to find a # if someone has it or could help me out thank you ,,

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Did the parts guy bother to cross-reference it over to other years and models by part number? The younger , new guys aren't taught this or want to bother with it.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

SWITCH, FR. STOP
35340-422-013 (replaces35340-422-003) 001
$12.23

http://www.hondaparts-direct.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

This is part of the front master cylinder and lever assembly so it might be cheaper or faster to find one by buying a used, complete assembly.

Part number 1 in the below pic, on the right.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

If you take the switch to an automotive shop that has on older type guy at the counter you might be able to find an old style brake switch that will fit. Cars from the 50s and 60s and earlier used hydraulic pressure switches for brake lights. Don't know if one can be found that will have matching threads but it's worth a try. One other solution would be to replace the front brake master with one from an '80-82 1100. I know their switches are still available because I recently got one from Honda Direct Line.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

The switch on the 1100's is a contact switch like the clutch lever switch, not a pressure switch so he'd need the whole cylinder/lever assembly off an 1100 for that fix also. Good thing both the 1000's and 1100's have 7/8" handlebars.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
The switch on the 1100's is a contact switch like the clutch lever switch, not a pressure switch so he'd need the whole cylinder/lever assembly off an 1100 for that fix also. Good thing both the 1000's and 1100's have 7/8" handlebars.
Yes indeedy, that's why I recommended using an 1100 master cylinder. And yes the lever would be part of that.:cooldevil:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Bagmaster wrote:
Yes indeedy, that's why I recommended using an 1100 master cylinder. And yes the lever would be part of that.:cooldevil:
Like minds think alike!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::waving::waving::waving::waving::cool::cool::cool::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

thank for all your help i did find it yeaterday at another honda shop and like you stated it was a older biker that found it and it is a OEM part from honda.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.