Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, have a new '16 GL1800 audio/comfort package. Installed a oem rear spoiler. I have ridden with others and their rear brakes will initially flash when the brakes are applied. Thinking that is a nice safety feature. I usually just tap the brakes a few time. Was looking at some different one on Cruisemans garage. Question is this, since I have the rear spoiler, if I add the modulator, will only the spoiler light flash upon braking or will the brake lights flash as well? Are there better ones, bad one out there? Will it cause any issue with the running lights, turn signal lights in the spoiler? Viewed some install videos and appears to be somewhat easy of an install.
Thanx to all. Ride and b safe out there...

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,560 Posts
You just need to read the specs and install instructions of the Brand of modulator you have interested.

·
Administrator
25,781 Posts
Question is this, since I have the rear spoiler, if I add the modulator, will only the spoiler light flash upon braking or will the brake lights flash as well?
Tom
Depends what you want. If you want it to just flash the spoiler light connect it to just the spoiler light, if you want it to flash all of them connect it to the feed to all of them. I have no opinion on brand names.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,307 Posts
I remember buying one back in 1998 or so, can't recall what brand it was.
I chose to have it flash a few times and then go solid.

WIG WAG, I have followed bikes with Wig Wag and it is very annoying and I do NOT pick up on them stopping. IMO, Wig Wag is useless.

Strobe flashing is very useful, my 1800 has flashing strobes in the wing over the trunk, 10 times, and then it goes solid.

I also put a Strobe on my m/c trailer, it is very useful and gets attention.

·
Premium Member
3,682 Posts
I remember buying one back in 1998 or so, can't recall what brand it was.
I chose to have it flash a few times and then go solid.

WIG WAG, I have followed bikes with Wig Wag and it is very annoying and I do NOT pick up on them stopping. IMO, Wig Wag is useless.

Strobe flashing is very useful, my 1800 has flashing strobes in the wing over the trunk, 10 times, and then it goes solid.

I also put a Strobe on my m/c trailer, it is very useful and gets attention.
Yes, while the flashes garner attention, the solid on is needed to say "I am stopping" or "I am stopped".

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well after lots of input from you guys AND some research. IO went with a Super Flasher from Electrical Connection for the rear spoiler. Col unit. Very small. Easy plug/play install and simple adjustments to set duration and length of flash.

Also went with 2 Pathfinder red flashing led's for the 2 rear brake lights. All simple bulb replacing. Only glitch was applying rear brake pedal did not activate the rear brake lights. That was simple tweak and contact spray and voila', lots of flashing brake lights!!!

Thanx again to all. Ride sage and STAY safe out there..

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts