Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

last year i bought a set of cheap-o brake pads and they lasted about 10,000 miles on my 1100 and this year i dropped 30 some odd bucks on the ebc's that everyone said were the bomb

i never really noticed any more brake power than with the cheap-o's stilli got 10,000 miles outt them almost exactly

now the rear rotor is alittle worn i have a lip but according to the micrometer im with in spec's

just curious if this is normal the front brakes have been on for about 20,000 miles and are half way worn out now i know mostof the braking gets done with the rear brakes and the 1100 only has a single caliper piston on the rear the fronts are dual single caliper pistons

i do some intown driving but not a ton about normal really most of my milage is on 55-75mph range highway/interstates

so if this is normal lemme know

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

Actually most of the braking should be handled by the front brakes. Are you sure you dont have a heavy right foot ?:ROFL:Just ribbin you a bit.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

actually if anything my dad says he barley sees the brake light light up when im in a hurry which is most of the time lol if i aint pullin 5 or 6,000 rpms i aint riding lol

just curious is all

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
imported post

Many variables on brake life. Driving style. Warped rotors. Brake caliper pistons and hardware returning freely. No way would I get even close to 20,000 on the front. I use front more than rear.

Sounds like you are getting decent life from your pads to me.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

i figured as much i just wanted a second opioion on this ive got a buddy who gets alot more than 10k outta the rear but he dosent have a goldwing

i'd use the front brakes alot more but the front end likes to nose dive on me the springs in the forks are weak probably original more than likely

i apprecaite the input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.