Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

The Previous 1980 Tire Discussion got me to thinking about the Safety Factors of my 1992 Aspencade. So far I have Ordered the Timing Belts, Iridium Plugs, changed the Oil to Delo 400 15-40 and now I am seriously thinking about Progressive Springs and rebuilding my shocks.How about the Brakes? What are the BEST performing pads and whatrecommendations do you have for getting the most out of your brakes? I rarely drive over 70 MPH and I do try to keep my distance well over the 2 second margin, but as we all know, on the interstate, cars love to fly and some will push you if you give them a half a chance.Tires, shocks and brakes are weighing in heavy on my mind.Eventhe best riders in the world need the proper set-up to be safe, but what if you areless than the best and perhaps only marginally better average? Don't you agree that you should have the best tools to work with (Great Shocks and Comfortable, easy to use brakes that can bring the speed down quickly and safely).

Icontinue to learn and practice the basics daily. Nothing beats practice, but everything needs to be mechanically sound. The clutch must work flawlessly if you are going to blend in with city stop and go traffic. Not much I can do, but just make sure the Clutch is adjusted properly.

So back to the Topic, what brake pads will perform the best by giving youthe Best Control?

FerrariMX5

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.