Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Its time for new brake pads on my 1800. I see several to choose from. I would like to hear from 1800 owners that have changed the brake pads.
What do you recommend and why.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

I hate Motorcycle brakes that squeal, :shock:and I have always seemed to get bikes that do that. They seemed to always have aftermarket pads on them. I have found that the stock Honda line pads are the least likely to do that, so thats what I buy. They also seem to last longer. They usually do costquite a bit more than aftermarket. I use EBC on my Special construction with soft/medium compound. I stay away from the full metallic, they will tear up your rotors if you over use them. If your racing, by all means get the full metal. Anybody out there racing their Wing?:cooldevil:

·
Administrator
28,071 Posts
imported post

I prefer OE pads but I just installed a set of Vesrahs, my economy is not great lately so I needed to save some money. I only have about 1500 miles on them and so far so good, no noise and they work as well as the OE, not any better as they advertise.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
I prefer OE pads but I just installed a set of Vesrahs, my economy is not great lately so I needed to save some money. I only have about 1500 miles on them and so far so good, no noise and they work as well as the OE, not any better as they advertise.
Vesrahs? Have to check those out. where are they made?

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
imported post

Honda oem; have used others and changed back, very noticeable difference in brake feel/response and based on the pads I removed reckon the Honda ones may last longer.

·
Administrator
28,071 Posts
imported post

IdahoRaider wrote:
DaveO430 wrote:
Vesrahs? Have to check those out. where are they made?
Made in Japan.
http://www.hondadirectlineofshadyside.com/stores/product.asp?pid=6774&str=4&ID=934889350

I should mention there are 2 types of Vesrah pads. The cheaper ones I bought and a traxxion compound that is twice the price.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Just did my 07three weeks ago on the front only, 32,000 miles or so. Replaced with OEM from the local Sarasota Honda shop. Two sets of Front brake pads $109.00

The wear on the right side was more than the left. Little or no wear on the discs. Very easy to make the change out.

Brake fluid flushing is due this winter and I will be installing the SpeedBleeders on all systems as I have done on the cars.

Longboater,

·
Premium Member
397 Posts

·
Administrator
28,071 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.