Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just called WingStuff.com to try to get a new pad for my brake pedal and they don't have one. I believethe floor boards and pedals are made by ShowChrome. WingStuff called ShowChrome while I was on the line and ShowChrome does not make replacement rubber pads for the pedals only the floor boards.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get a rubber pad on to the brake pedal. My foot keeps slipping off and I don't want to be in an emergency braking situation and have my foot slip off the brake.

Thanks, Waynester

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

Maybe you can find an old rubber mat of some kind and cut a small peice out and glue it on with some 3M adhesive. That is what I did and it works fine.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

:)ACE hardware has thick (1/2") door mates that I cut and shaped and glued in, looks like originals. Just finished them yesterday.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Some of the auto parts stores carry generic pedal pad replacements. Just measure yours and take your measurments in. You will probably find one close enough.

John

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
imported post

Kuryakyn makes one...try Cyclemax or Wingstuff etc. I have one fitted .

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
imported post

On my 1200 I found an old post about using an auto pad (emergency brake pedal pad actually). It works perfectly for about $2.95. It slips over the metal pad and stays in place my itseld.

HTH

JimC in NC (USA)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.