Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi gang. Haven't been around much the last few weeks, and was doing some reading on different repair questions others have had. This brought a question of my own to mind.

I post a few weeks ago about some brake work that was going to be needed on my 1100S. Got some input which answered the majority of my questions... Thanks to all who contributed their input by the way...

Now to my question today... in several of the other threads I was reading, there were links to essentially step by step instructions with pics... does anyone have or can you point me to this type of thing for doing an R&R on the front (and rear too for that matter) brakes, including the calipers and master cylinder ???

I am getting reading to price and order everything i would need to do the work, and I have downloaded all the manuals from the site... but those step by step instructions with pics would be sooooo nice if they are available.

Thanks

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,702 Posts
imported post

Have you looked on Randakks website? He has some videos for most everything.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

AZgl1500, I did look on Randakks web site, but could not locate anything talking about doing an R&R on the brake system, nor on the calipers specifically. I also spent the majority of yesterday afternoon reading as much as I could here in order to get a better idea of the things I will be getting myself into. While I have read a great deal of good information, and yes I still have reading to do yet, I haven't seen anything like what I am asking for.

I read a wonderful thread on doing an R&R on the timing belts, which is on my list of thing to do by the way. Something along those limes is what I was/am hoping to find concerning the brakes.

I'm not afraid of turning a wrench, but it has been a very long time since I have attempted anything like that, and have never done any mechanical work on a motorcycle, so I am hoping to find any and all information which can help to guide me through such a major safety related R&R as my first cycle repair.

As I have been reading numerous threads which others have posted concerning this type of work, I am hoping that some of those same knowledgeable gurus will read and add to this thread as well.

Thanks

Richard

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I do have one other question to add to this... :D Are the front and rear brakes totally independent systems :stumped: :baffled: I think I read in one of the threads I was reading yesterday that they were somehow interdependent but I don't remember for sure. My rear brakes seem to be alright right now, and I realize that once the front is done along with a couple of other things that are needed, that the rear brakes will come into play. I wanted to make sure that if I do the R&R on the front, that a potential issue on the rear won't "undo" what was done on the front.:baffled:

Sorry to ask so many stupid questions... I just don't want to over look anything before I start.

Thanks

Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.