Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The hose from the reservoir to the master cylinder ( rear ) is pretty well shot. Honda says no longer available-----Anybody found a replacement that can stand up to brake fluid-----?

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
imported post

Its not a satisfactory replacement and only temporary but I'm using a 3/8ths i.d. vinyl hose till I also find one.I did read online somewhere out there in the ether about using a hydraulic line for brakes on a car.It had no further description other that red or orange on the outside and black on the inside.Not much help I know.
For me it doesn't even have to withstand another 25 years just get by for a year or so.I could live with that.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
imported post

Go to anyone of the auto parts stores and tell them what you need. Take your old hose with you, the one off the bike too. (lol) They should be able to fix you up. Your bike that is.
Later Rumple

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
imported post

Several companies sell braided s.s. hoses. Many bike shops sell. They are on EBAY at times. Do a search on this site for hoses and you should find lots of info.

·
Honda Guru
2,053 Posts
imported post

Aftermarket companies like Tucker Rocky and Parts Unlimited sell DOT and non-DOT rated stainless steel brake lines... usually in 1 or 2 inch length incraments. If you have a shop nearby that have their catalogs you can skim through and find them. Note that the brake lines indicated length do not include the end fittings and that the length of the brake line measurment should not be the overall length of your present brake line. So if you're brake line overall measurement is, lets say for example, 12"... you should subtract about 2" for the replacement ss line.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
imported post

He's looking for the hose from the reservoir to the MC.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

a couple years ago when i done my barn find i replaced that hose with a rubber hose that was rated for alcohal . so far so good.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
imported post

"rated for alcohol"? you mean like off a still?
Where did you get it?

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

nope --- didnt take it off the still---most new fuel line is rated for alcohal be cuase of the corn gas , E-85 spec. just ask for it.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
imported post

OK an E85 fuel line? got it.thnaks

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

not sure of size---take old hose with you. got mine from advance auto.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.