Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is a lousy picture but it is of the switch on the front master cylinder.The male connector broke off.Anyone had to replace these? Can I repair it or replacethis?I tried getting it apart but they got it real tight.Any ideas?

Honda part number SWITCH, FR. STOP
35340-MA5-671

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

It's a sealed part not meant to be fixed..but not much to loose if you can get it open and replace the tab..a little soldering...???

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yep thats what I'm going to try.Maybe a drill too.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

"Holyfoonoly" $17.40? WoW.With prices like that I'm gonna need a "bailout" myself soon.

Made my own.Took it apart and made a new male component out of some brass connector I had on hand.Works.Thats all that counts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

tomw wrote:
"Holyfoonoly" $17.40? WoW.With prices like that I'm gonna need a "bailout" myself soon.
:waving:The switch is available at Honda Direct Line Parts for $13.40. This is a company thats sells OEM and also aftermarket parts. This is a genuine Honda part. Their toll free number is: 1-800-785-6761, below is a link to their website.

http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_select.asp

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

:waving:I see that you have fixed your switch, way to go!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

A little MacGiver and a little Gomer Pyle and what do you know? Its done.As long as it holds I'll live with it.Now I can spend that $15 on wheel bearings! or put it towards carb sync tubes etc.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
mother honda doesn't even give you complemntary KY with those prices either
:waving:Honda Direct Line is not"mother honda" but an independent company that sells OEM Honda parts. Shipping will add about another $7 to the price. I have dealt with them before but if I can I'll buy parts at my local Honda stealer to save on the shipping cost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.