Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I want to add a brake light :cooldj:flasher to my 07 GL 1800 - to flash the brake lights on the trunk only.

Can anyone help me with identifying the correct wires to tap in or near the trunk? I'd like to avoid removing the seat to make the connections, if possible:baffled:.

Thanks,

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,142 Posts
imported post

TTT

Can't help but bumping you to the top.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
imported post

A brake light flasher that flashes the lights only when the hand or foot brake is operated but has an intermittent flash for about 3 or 4 flashes and then the brake lights stay on is pre wired and all you do is tie in the circuit at the lines ging to the rer bulb(s). If you can find the wires under the seat the connections are made there ans the module is in fact stored there. It becomes a simple job of tieng into the + lines and then cutting the wires.

Is this the king of flasher yo want to install, or another type?

·
Administrator
26,528 Posts
imported post

I believe removing the seat is the only way to access the wires to the trunk lights. It's only 4 screws. I don't yet have a proper 1800 electrical manual so someone else will be along to tell you which wires.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

The colour of the wires is very dependant on the model you have. Australia is different to Europe, which is different to the USA.
The repair manual for your model gives the colours although I prefer the CD version :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Yes, I need to tap the line feeding all brake lights - so that all will flash:cooldj: briefly then go on steady. Mine is an 07 GL1800 ABS.

Pulled the seat, spliced into the green with red stripe located in a gray connector, but that was not the one:( - brake lights worked with the wire cut :?.

Try as I may, I can't figure out how to unplug the connector:baffled:, so am about to give up since I have no idea what other wire it might be and don't want to just start cutting.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

:waving:Bruce:

All the pin plug connectors on these bikes come apart very easily when you figure them out. All of them as far as I know come apart by pushing in on one of the tabs you will see on the connector. You do not have to pry, or figure out a puzzle , they all come apart by pushing in on part of the connector. You push on the side of it.

The green wire with the red stripe is the correct color coded wire for the brake lights on your year model bike. Why does it continue to work cut/ should not/for sure it is the correct color code.

I am not sure what is going on as the green wire with the red stripe is the proper wire. No other wire on the entire bike is that color code. If you cut the wire back too far past the secondary pin connectors, then it may be killing only part of the lights. You do have to be at the proper connector, under the seat, routed on the right side of the bike and buried under the harness to the right of the relay panel.

Unplugging various connectors will show you which is the proper one, unplug the right one and it will kill the brake lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.