Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I got the rear caliper rebuilt 3 days ago and today put on the passenger armrest for my wife. Temp at 39 degress but that didn't stop Old Ghost from firing right up and screaming to put rubber to the asphalt!!

Did a quick 2 mile run to the county line and back and she was like a horse put up in the barn too long, she wanted to run!! Before I knew it she was humming along at 80 mph and I had to rein her in and come back to the house.

The rear brake pedal has to barely be touched and I get real strong brakes on the rear now. I'll post some pics later of what the pistons and sleeves looked like before and after. She got new pads also.

Man, it felt good to get back on the road again!! I sorely missed it. doing a PGR mission tomorrow in Laurens, Sc.

:action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::cooldj::cooldj::cooldj::cooldj::cooldj::cooldj:

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Great news, now that you have brakes you up to doing mine, or better yet I have all these cables in a box under my desk crying to be put on.....

ride safe brother ride safe.....

Claude.....

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Tommy Powell was a Marine in the truest sense of the word. He was a man of honor. A servant to the weak. He was a man with a heart the size of Texas when it came to kids. He was also a friend of mine.

Tommy went to Vietnam and almost lost his legs when another Marine stepped on a land mine. After years of surgery and hard work he was able to walk. Tommy then dedicated his life to his children and to everybody else's children. He served as the primary force behind Dixie Youth Baseball and became the mentor, counellor, nurse and adopted daddy to hundreds of kids.

LCpl Tommy Powell could have been excused for being bitter. He could have hobbled about on his mangled legs and been angry. He never was. He was a friend to any and all who needed one.

Tommy developed cancer and had to have surgery. It seemed that the surgery went well and no follow up treatments would be needed. Tommy had plans to be involved by April with his kids on the baseball diamond.

But he then came down with a staph infection that spread throughout his body. He fought like a Marine but the infection eventually overwhelmed him. He died on Tuesday morning. He leaves behind a grieving family and a grieving community.

Visitation will be on Thursday evening from 1900 until 2030 hours. There will be no flag line for visitation but any PGR member who would like to pay respects is welcome to do so.

Graveside services on Friday ( 06 APR 09 ) at 1400. Mission details are as follows:

Thursday 05 FEB 09 (not a PGR Mission but all are welcome)

Time: 1900 until 2030 hours

Map: http://tinyurl.com/bp3qs7

Friday 06 FEB 09

Staging Location: JR's Exxon
I-385 at US 221 (Exit 9)
Laurens SC

Map: http://tinyurl.com/cps4o7

Staging Time: 1245 Hours

Briefing Time: 1315 Hours

Kickstands Up: 1330 Hours

Services Location: Forest Lawn Cemetery
East Main St
Laurens SC
Map: http://tinyurl.com/dnc848

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Our thoughts are with his family and friends.....

Claude....

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I even sourced my last 2 parts I needed for my clarion 2 system last night off Ebay. The cb controls for the controller head and the cb readout gauge for the pod, both brand new. Gonna try to get it all installed in the next couple of weeks if the weather stays good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.