Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 98SE with an 08 Hannigan Trike kit, thinking about splitting the front and rear brakes. Good ideal are not and best way to do it? Master cyl. seems a little small to carry 3 disc brakes.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Jerry

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

You should have 2 master cylinders, 1 for a single front brake and the other for the front/rear linked system.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Like bagmaster says, the linked cylinder should be behind the side cover beside the foot brake. :action::action:

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yes sir rear master cyc. has 2 rear brakes and left front brakes this is a trike.

Thanks

Jerry

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I think I would take the trike to a empty parking lot and play with it. Do some emergency stops and get used to how it feels and just leave them alone.

I have played with changing brakes on several bikes before, generally I always find that one thing leads to another and on one I ended up with too much brake force and the rear would lock up very easily.

I think linked brakes are a good thing. Unless you are a road racer and are very young and skilled with good reflexes and daily practice, the linked brakes do for you what you should do.

You do not want to braking force to be enough to easily lock the rear up in any event, should be to where you have to really work at it to get it to lock up.

I even had another bike that had a very touchy rear brake, tried this and that from a worthless TBC device to an automotive proportioning valve I installed inline to the rear brake to cut down the amount of fluid transfer to the rear caliper. That worked somewhat, but you could still lock the rear wheel, it just slowed it down a bit so you had more time to react.

I would just go practice a bit, figure out the limitations that you have, if any, and be aware of them. Might be it stops just fine with a little bit of a heavy foot.

Kit

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

If you have ABS, your brakes should be linked.

If no ABS, then the brakes will be separate.

Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.