Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Time for new front and rear brake pads on my '84 GL1200A. Any recommendations as to brand and type? Would there be any advantage to switching to stainless brake lines while I'm at it?

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

EBCs are the most popular type of pad Keener. Braided lines will make a big difference (all else being equal- cleaned caliper pistons etc.), you may as well overhaul the whole system while you are at it.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Alan is right, EBCs are the tried and proven pad for the Goldwing. Good stopping performance and reasonable life.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

I recently rebuilt all 3 calipers, brakes, etc. and wanted to change over to ss braided lines as well.

However, I could not find them available anywhere (at least for my 1986 Aspy) and there is a company that could build them in California that was recommended on a board,but you had to take them in (or mail them) to them.

I had read a post that the cost was about $50, but when I called, the person said for the Goldwing it was difficult - so I didn't bother as I flettheir price had gone up due to their success and phone response. However, I may be wrong and should have done it just to be sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.