Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this before and received one reply. figured i would try again. released levers, pulled windshield all the way up to clean the bottom. was instructed by manula to pull up to release ratchet, and then the windshield would go back down, NOPE!!! took quite some time and jiggle/wiggle and then went all the way back down. is there a trick? is it because its all new under there? did i pull it up too high? i did see the upper level marks on both sides.

For now, leaving it down and really not worrying about cleaning the bottom...for now anyhow.

Any help would b greatly appreciated.

Thanx
Tom

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
The retching system is not a very good one. As long as you pull it all the way up your doing it right. You could take the windshield garnish off and watch it work to see if it is working properly.

·
Administrator
24,354 Posts
I thought i pulled it up too far!!! once i saw the upper level marks on each side, assumed that was the limit. do u pull up higher than that?

Thanx

Tom
Those marks are just the max upper level you are supposed to run it at, you have to pull it up farther to make it go back down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts