Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just picked up my very first Goldwing tonight, a brand new Candy Black Cherry 2005 and I must say that it is really a dream to ride!

I was looking through the manual but didn't find out how to remove the seat. My passenger intercom wire is stuffed under the seat and I need to dig it out so my passenger (my GF) can talk to me while we are riding. Does anyone know how to take the seat off of my beautiful new machine??????

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

I ride an 83 GL1100 Aspencade and don't have a clue! But I'm sure someone here will.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the 1800!:waving:

Bob

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

:15blue:Congratulations on your new wing. I have two 1983 wings, so I'm sure they are different. You might call the Honda Service dept tomorrow. I'm sure they will tell you. You might also check in the saddle boxes. Open them up and look for any bolts or latches. The seat needs to be secure, but if it's like the old bikes, it may be adjustable.

This is a great forum. Enjoy :clapper:

Jerry

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

On the 1200 you remove two allen screws on either side of the seat, on the 1500 you remove the two bolts on each side on the ends of the passenger grab bar,on the 1800 it's a mystery to apoor sucker like me and likely to remain so untilsome of our wealthier posters tell us.REDWING has been boosting his neighbor's1800 (or is it really a Honda 50) and he'll probably chime in with the answer. After all it really isn't a Guru matter so a Top Poster can handle it.

:waving:

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
imported post

Just remove 2 screws (number 11 in pic) from both sides of the seat in the passanger handle (#6 & #7in pic). Soyou remove the handlesfirst. After that just remove the seat starting from the end.

Picture from http://www.goldwinginfo.com

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks to everyone that has replied so far! That is what I was thinking after I went and gave it the once over last night, but I am really glad to have it confirmed! Where did you get the drawing that you posted? Was it in the tech manual or did you find it somewhere online?:waving:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I just saw where you got the pic.
:gunhead::gunhead::gunhead:

Thanks for the link!

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Hello n5fwb,

Congratulations on the new Wing...It is nice to see another Texas member,,,try to keep that salt water off of it down there in Webster.... I have an 84 1200, if you get up around Bowie look me up.

Dean

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

n5fwb wrote:
I just picked up my very first Goldwing tonight, a brand new
Candy Black Cherry 2005. Does anyone know how to take
the seat off of my beautiful new machine??????

Hey n5fwb :waving:

Your most welcome to the best G/W forum on the net. :clapper:

Here are a couple of links to places on this web site. :jumper:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/bikersworkshopmenu.htm

and

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/GoldwingTips.htm

:weightlifter:Hope you have many safe (s)miles on your new :18red:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Wow, ConGrats on the New Wing, let's us know how you like it!!

If I had enough money for 05 Wing , I'd hire some one to remove the Seat!!

Just kidding, I'm Jealous and I know you Texans have a good sence of humor!

Where's Webster At?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I will have to look up Bowie on the map and see whare it is, but if I am in your area, I will certainly drop you a line and maybe we can met while I am there.:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Wow, ConGrats on the New Wing, let's us know how you like it!!

If I had enough money for 05 Wing , I'd hire some one to remove the Seat!!

Just kidding, I'm Jealous and I know you Texans have a good sence of humor!

Where's Webster At?
I'm not too sure of that, my wife's from Texas and there have been times when her sense of humor has been seriously lacking. On the other hand she's stuck with me for a long time so maybe she does have one.

:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

So far, it is one AWESOME piece of machinery. Unfortunately, the weather isn't going to let me ride for another couple of days... :-(
I have a couple of things that need to be looked at, but minor stuff and they will take care of that at the 600 mile checkup. My last bike was a 2002 Shadow 750 ACE Deluxe and this bike isn't even in the same universe as the Shadow. This wing is like riding a 2 wheel Cadillac!!!!!:)

Webster is just South of Houston, right around the Johnson Space Center, my place of employment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.