Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Everyone:

Great to be on board. Just bought my '07 GL 1800 and can't wait for the snow to melt. I know, I know, you folks in the south are laughing out load!Have acouple of questions, so here goes.

1) What is the best method of hookingup a couple of electric vests? On my previous bikes I've simply gone directly to the battery posts. In that they're not especially handy on the 'Wing',might there be an easier alternative, ie: using the aux terminals at the fuse box, etc., and

2) I have an auxiliary input jack connector in the front left fairing pocket, but want to install a universal12v accessory socket it it's place. Is the connection under the fairing pocket universal, allowing me to simply make the swith between the two items? If not, where mighta convenient spot tohook up this 12v socket?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the best place in the world.

I can't answer your questions but I am sure someone will be along soon to help ;)

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Crezz, I see a similar question has been posted with respect to the 12 v socket, so will check it out. Tks.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

[sup]A grrrreat big welcome Dougie from another Cunuck on the west coast. Hope you hangaround for awhile as this is the best overall Goldwing site anywhere.:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:
[/sup]

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Tks Ftsty1.

Moved up here having been in the LMD for the past 20 years. Am hoping this forum offers a degree of help not easily found.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Dougie B wrote:
Tks Ftsty1.

Moved up here having been in the LMD for the past 20 years. Am hoping this forum offers a degree of help not easily found.
Dougie, if there is not help available on this site, it doesn't exist.:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from central Tx. lots of great info. and people, hope you enjoy it as much as I do:waving::action:

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
imported post

:1000red:WELCOME Dougie B, From Fort Wayne, IN USA

THE HOOSIER STATE:12blue:

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
imported post

Hello from Idaho and welcome to the forum...

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

A warm welcome to the site Dougie B good to have you on board. :waving:

One way to go about fitting pretty much any auxilliary equipment to your bike would be to run a heavy gauge wire from the battery (or auxiliary side if you want the power switched by the ignition) to the front of the bike to some sort of suitable multiple connection block. A similar supply can be also run to the rear of the bike to maybe inside the tour box. This will give you a starting point at the front and rear of the bike, fused at say 30amp, that you can then take supplies for other items from, particularly without removing the seat every time, which on the 1800 is a bit of a pain to do.

Rudy, one of our members, has done a good write up and pictures on a good way to do this, on his 1500, but this information would be just as applicable for the 1800.

If you go to the "reference and F&Q" forum, you should find information from there describing how to go about it.

Hope this helps some and I look forward to hearing how you get on.

Enjoy the forums and visit often.

:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

The simplest way to provide power for heated vests and so on on the 1800 is to come off the battery itself, though an 15 amp inline fuse, through a relay and to a plug in socket for the heated clothing and so on. This way you can use the plug in for the heated clothing , or a tire pump or whatever without danger of damage to the factory wire harness.

If you wish you may use this item. Power Plug in the front left pocket. However this would be limited to things like a cell phone or GPS plug in. There is also a plug in hot all the time under the rear top trunk cover that is there for a vanity mirror that you can use with this item also, for low amp draw items.

But for heated clothing, air pumps and the like, come right off the battery, to a fuse, though a relay and this way you can have trouble free operation of anything you wish to use.

Kit

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcome from sunny Southern California, you have come to the right place.

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!!:cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!!
:action:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.