Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anyone up for a meet at the Arby's in Branson, MO on this Sunday, 08/14 ?
I'll also be going to an all you can eat restaurant Sunday Morning for about $6 in Branson if you want to meet there earlier.

I'll be headed for Branson, MO for Saturday, wife and friend want to go to Silver Dollar City Saturday. We will be staying the night Saturday for the car cruise known as Cruising lights where tons of fancy and old cars show up and cruise around Midnight I think.
Been awhile since I went to that but it used to be pretty much fun back then and lots of cars then also.

Anyway, I will be taking the 1100 over and wife and her friend in a cage, so I should be free Sunday for a Lunch Meet at Arby's about anytime! Not got a planed time for Breakfast yet, but we can set one and I'll get the restaurant name if anyone wants to meet there.

1077 Branson Hills Pkwy # A
Branson, MO 65616-7506
(417) 239-3066
This is a nice New Arby's about 3 miles North of Branson just a bit off HY 65 on Bee Creek Rd/Branson Hills Pkwy. Should not need to fight Branson Traffic unless you want to get into Branson itself.

Google maps seems to show it up a ways from Wallmart, BUT it is in a little strip mall right in front of Wall Mart! Take first drive into shopping center on left at traffic light and then a quick right up into little strip mall. Arby's is right there.

All you can eat Breakfast place is called Starvin Marvin and is right on the 76 Strip.
It's $5 or $6 all you can eat (drinks extra) and they have a fruit bar, biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, hashbrowns, french toast, and probably other things I forget.
I think they have a menu also for those not wanting the food bar.

Normally morning traffic is not bad on the 76 strip but gets stop and go creep and crawl around 11 or Noon. Being the Cruisin Lights used to have a large turnout not sure how it will be on Sunday this weekend.

If ya'll close enough want to meet up give a yell in the thread here and we can figure times, and if you want my cell number I can PM it to you. Cell does not work at home, but will in Branson LOL

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Here is the website for the Breakfast place.

It also says Major Discounts for groups of 20 for the Buffet.
There's 3 of us, how about 17 wingers or more? LOL

$7.99 group rate, Breakfast Buffet, Drinks, and tips included
Or
$5.99 each for Buffet, drinks extra, we do our own tipping if less than 20 people.

Since I will be there myself Sunday anyway, this is a good time for me.
I think this would also make a good meeting spot for us anytime to meet up and ride for those that are close by. I'm about 150-175 miles myself but go to Branson often.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Gee, don't anyone like Branson, or is it just me? LOL

I can get 2 people into Silver Dollar City for $15 +tax each if anyone wants to meet up Saturday or Sunday. Coupon expires Sunday.

First to PM gets in. If no-one does then I'll look for 2 people needing to buy tickets at park and get them in cheap.

·
Premium Member
20,586 Posts
imported post

Sorry Chromo, Rhinos have already made plans for Sunday in Lindsborg, KS. :sadguy:

BUT, we will see you soon in Eureka Springs! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

That's fine Fly, thought maybe a few folks closer would like to show up, but I guess not. I know we have some members around Springfield and such, just about an hour or so away.

I had other plans myself for Saturday, but then wife popped this trip on me for Saturday and kinda killed the other plan for the day, so figured a Sunday meet might be good. But that's why it was a last minute idea.

See everyone for ES7, got my throttle cable fixed, still push starting the 1500 though.
Scared to pull the engine before ES or I might not have it back together then! So I'll be pushing a bit, or maybe a tow start, how strong are those thongs anyway LOL

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Well, It was perfect riding weather today, wish some folks could have made Branson for Breakfast or lunch.

Just a bit north of Branson up Hy65N is a nice road over towards and through Forsythe, MO, and once past the town it's a nice ride out HY160
I normally ride 160 most the way, recently I started riding to and from 65 also, I used to make a turn and get to Branson on 76 but I stopped going that way since I don't like the Branson landing new stuff downtown.

Anyway, it was a nice ride over yesterday and back today.
Only about 150 miles each way for me, but some nice twisties for me to practice on a bit also.
I need to look over my 1500, maybe see if I have a fork brace or not, add one if I don't. Some of the turns are not so smooth and I get a bit of jiggle, not really a wobble.

Anyway it was a nice relaxing ride back and forth for me. Wife was in cage with her friend and I rode solo as always.
Every so often I would stop for a drink of coffee and let them catch up LOL

Riding the old HY142 first starting out was interesting on way over. First I topped a hill and momma deer and 2 babies in road, toot on horn they moved out. Then running down straight away saw a Momma deer and baby running to the road so slowed and let them cross. Then a bit later was a horse grazing on side of road, not sure why he was on road side of fence!
A bit later, well I kinda chased a nice cow down the side of the road. Not sure why she was on road side of fence but she just ran on along side the road following the fence.
Then normal stuff, birds flying at me for interrupting their breakfast on a dead raccoon in road.
Chased out a couple ***** and opossums and a beaver from the road.
Never kick a turtle from center of road doing 35mph or so.
This I was told by some biker I met in Branson that had a bit of a limp.
I had seen several turtles in road, but I had not tried to kick them away. I guess he did LOL

Saw a few nice wings while there, only got to talk to one or 2 owners quick at lights, they were not part of us, don't know about the others parked around town.

Well, I got a new accessory for my 1500. Have to find a way to mount it.
You guys can have those GPS, Airbags, ABS brakes, if you want. I got one of the most important things a Wings should have now!
EXPRESSO MACHINE!

Well, ok it's more like a 12V single cup coffee pot, but HEY I GOT ONE! LOL

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
imported post

I took a little ride on your hwy 142 today. Only I turned east at the light and caught H down to AR93 :)
Thought.. Yep this is some good bike riding roads. 72 foot of Truck n trailer with a lil over 15 tons in the box.. NOT so much LOL

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I think you drove past the house then. Well, the dirt road the house is on anyway.

Yep. 142 East is more fun on a bike LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.