Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[align=left]I am installing a hitch cover on my 1990 wing and the cover has a set of break lights in it . Dose any one know where to hook up the positive wire . I dont wont to just tiy then to the break lights because they will flash with the signal lights , when I turn them on . O where O where dose the positive wire go. I sure would like to know!!!!!! :( :baffled:
[/align]
 

·
Postpubescent member
Joined
·
36,382 Posts
imported post

Not to clear about your question Eddy, do you want the hitch lights to flash with the turn signals or not?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I want when I put the breaks on the new hitch light comes on like another break light.
 

·
Postpubescent member
Joined
·
36,382 Posts
imported post

So pick any brake light and connect to that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,467 Posts
imported post

I am no Guru but I will give my 2cents worth whenever I get a chance.

Use your test light and find which wire in the harness causes the test light to glow when the brakes are applied.Connect the two wires and like God said, "Let there be light" provided there is a good ground or should I say earth.

I wonder if God said let there be brakelights? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::bananas:

Keep on Winging :bat:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,010 Posts
imported post

2wings wrote:
I am no Guru but I will give my 2cents worth whenever I get a chance.

Use your test light and find which wire in the harness causes the test light to glow when the brakes are applied.Connect the two wires and like God said, "Let there be light" provided there is a good ground or should I say earth.

I wonder if God said let there be brakelights? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::bananas:

Keep on Winging :bat:
according to the ledgends known as ACDC.the good lord said "let there be rock".....

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
74 Posts
imported post

Does your hitch cover have a trailer connector with it?

My bike is wired with a round connector, and I had to buy another one from an RV dealer so I could wire up my lighted hitch cover. Now it is a 'plug and ride' set up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

The trailer plug is rolled up inside the fender behind the side trunk. Then I took my test light and found the signal light is separate from the break light . YES YES YES I learned some thing today . The bike is not wired like a car . In A car the break light uses the same wire as the signal lights ,but on the bike they are separate and this makes it easy to hook up. NO WONDER YOU GUY,s were giving me a hard time. rightly so .IT,s TO EASY that way .I thought maybe I had to go back to the brake switch.
Taffy your sense of humor is is ,let me just say its from the other side of this WORLD!!!!! and maybe it should stay there.....HA !!! HA !! HA!!
Thanks charz you were bang on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,010 Posts
imported post

eddy wrote:
The trailer plug is rolled up inside the fender behind the side trunk. Then I took my test light and found the signal light is separate from the break light . YES YES YES I learned some thing today . The bike is not wired like a car . In A car the break light uses the same wire as the signal lights ,but on the bike they are separate and this makes it easy to hook up. NO WONDER YOU GUY,s were giving me a hard time. rightly so .IT,s TO EASY that way .I thought maybe I had to go back to the brake switch.
Taffy your sense of humor is is ,let me just say its from the other side of this WORLD!!!!! and maybe it should stay there.....HA !!! HA !! HA!!
Thanks charz you were bang on.
i hate to tell you eddy but my sense of humour will be comming with me in the near future......be afraid........be very afraid...........:cooldevil::cooldevil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

:cheeky1::cheeky1:Are you telling me that you are comming to America . Then I am afrade . But maybe you will just stay in the states. With a sence of humor like that we are all in trouble.:gunhead:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,010 Posts
imported post

eddy wrote:
:cheeky1::cheeky1:Are you telling me that you are comming to America . Then I am afrade . But maybe you will just stay in the states. With a sence of humor like that we are all in trouble.:gunhead:
i have plans to go to texas and i have mates in alberta.....bear in mind i will be on an ultra classic so it may take a bit to get everywhere...............:cooldevil::cooldevil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

So Taffy are you riding your bike here? :cheeky1:Hows your snokeling ? :dude:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

In Alberta you will need a skidoo if you plan on riding here for the next couple of mounths.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,010 Posts
imported post

eddy wrote:
So Taffy are you riding your bike here? :cheeky1:Hows your snokeling ? :dude:
nope i have a harley waiting for me in austin...........
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,010 Posts
imported post

eddy wrote:
In Alberta you will need a skidoo if you plan on riding here for the next couple of mounths.
will be there later in the year my friend.......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,010 Posts
imported post

not sure as of the moment as they are moving in the next couple of months.......
 

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
Joined
·
59,529 Posts
imported post

taffy australia wrote:
I have plans to go to texas and i have mates in alberta.....bear in mind i will be on an ultra classic so it may take a bit to get everywhere...............:cooldevil::cooldevil:
Taffy, when you get to the states, let's plan on somewhere to meet 'n greet!

My daughter spent a year in Adelaide living with the highschool principal's family. She was on a student exchange program at the time.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top