Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to buy a new windshield. So many to choose from. What ya got and the pro's and con's. Putting it on an '05, 1800.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I just put on an Optic Armor +4 on my 1800 and love it. It has the same specs as the F4 but a longer warranty period, and it's $150 cheaper. Ming was $291 delivered with a vent installed. Very clear, water repels off and it blocks all the wind and buffeting. And unlike other taller, thicker shields, I can still adjust this one on all the adjustments except the lowest position. The sides of the windscreen hits the rubber on the mirrors.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,612 Posts
Spell check didn't catch "ming" huh? :ROFL:

I know, it is a typo for "mine".... :readit:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Spell check didn't catch "ming" huh? :ROFL:

I know, it is a typo for "mine".... :readit:
Just for that Im leaving it now........... Not gonna fix it.......:raspberry:

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How does the Optic Armor +4 compare in height to a Tulsa Tall? That's what I have now and I keep hitting the top of it with my head.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
How does the Optic Armor +4 compare in height to a Tulsa Tall? That's what I have now and I keep hitting the top of it with my head.
Never could stand a windscreen that I couldn't see over....gets all bleary in the rain and mud....like my faded old peepers about 2" above top edge....

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
Saw the post title- my mind went elsewhere...

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
The Tulsa is swept back whereas the Optic Armor +4 stands up taller and is not swept back. It is also 3" wider than stock shield so it does cut the wind pretty well.

CJ - I don't disagree with ya but i have had this shield for about 2 months now and have driven in the rain from NC to Iowa, to Oklahoma and back, about 8 days worth total so far and have had no issues. I got the tall so if I can see, fine. If not I can always cut it down. So far, No issues, no reason to cut it down, I hate so much wind and buffeting all the time. To much noise, I can't hear the radio.........

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
I'm with CJ on the windshield issue. There's been too many times when I've gotten instant fog on the screen in the mountains and a couple of times hit by muddy water thrown by a truck in heavy rain conditions. I won't ride with a shield I can't see over.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interested in the Optic Armor windshield. What heights do they come in? Not much information on their web sight. Not wild about looking through a fogged windshield.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Interested in the Optic Armor windshield. What heights do they come in? Not much information on their web sight. Not wild about looking through a fogged windshield.
You can get short, stock, +2 or +4 shields. Call them and talk to them, great people to work with.

·
Site Sponsor
22 Posts
feel free to give us a call at 573-317-9066 ext 11 we have all sizes and varieties on the shelf ready to ship and can help with any questions or concerns you may have. thanks!

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Put a Cee bailies 2" shorter than stockwindshield so I can just see over it in it's lowest position ...with vent..on my 2001 ...is stiffer than the stock windshield. cyrstal clear vis and is more square so better wind protection ...like it a lot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.