Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A REPLACEMENT FILTER FOR THE BREATHER BOX? DO YOU REALLY NEED ONE?

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

OLDWING wrote:
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A REPLACEMENT FILTER FOR THE BREATHER BOX? DO YOU REALLY NEED ONE?
Yes and yes

there are many sources.. besides those of keithg64 above, Honda still sells the OEM.. plus others.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I'M SORRY, I WAS REFERING TO THE CRANKCASE BREATHER FILER. IT'S IN A ROUND PLASTIC BOX UNDER THE FUEL TANK. IT HAS ONE HOSE GOING TO THE CASE, ONE HOSE GOING TO THE AIR FILTER HOUSING, AND ONE HOSE GOING STRAIGHT DOWN AS IF IT IS AN OVERFLOW HOSE. THE FILTER GOES BETWEEN TWO PIECES OF WIRE MESH INSIDE THE HOUSING

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

It just collects fluid..water and gunk..I guess it could go on the ground?? but might blow back to rear caliper when riding, burn on muffler, cover rear rim??? any little jug could be installed to catch that stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

OLDWING wrote:
I'M SORRY, I WAS REFERING TO THE CRANKCASE BREATHER FILER. IT'S IN A ROUND PLASTIC BOX UNDER THE FUEL TANK. IT HAS ONE HOSE GOING TO THE CASE, ONE HOSE GOING TO THE AIR FILTER HOUSING, AND ONE HOSE GOING STRAIGHT DOWN AS IF IT IS AN OVERFLOW HOSE. THE FILTER GOES BETWEEN TWO PIECES OF WIRE MESH INSIDE THE HOUSING
you just take it loose and dump the condesate out of it

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

OLDWING wrote:
Yes, There is. I purchased one off flea bay for $6.00, new. You can do a lot of engine damage if you do not use a breather too.

Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

OLDWING wrote:
Yes, There is. I purchased one off flea bay for $6.00, new. You can do a lot of engine damage if you do not use a breather too.

Nightrider1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.