Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a new Battlax (running backwards) on my trike front

last weekend i drove thru some curves and noticed my trike was a little harder to steer but never suspected it was going flat. After the curves i had a 40 mile strait shot home which i drove abt 70mph at times and never knew that it had no air.

when i got home i looked at it and thought it would have abt 20psi but when i checked it - there was abt 5 psi. The tire was not much warmer to touch than normal. (OAT was93 deg)

The valve stem assy had not been changed with the tire and the clip got broken-- and then the valve was 80% broken when i looked at it.

how this tire never released from the wheel i'll never know- just a strong tire i guess.

HOPEFULLY i didnt damage the tire --- running it low on air and backwards.. may decide to replace it. My fear is the curves put a lot of stress on the tire.

And yes i should have stopped and checked my tire.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Ran the tire backwards because of many recommendations including the honda shop

it relates to the heavy breaking on the front tire.
which would be the equivalent as being on the rear pushing

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

It's a rear tire run backwards on the front. More tread on these vs a standard front tire. Longer life.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

my dad's 07 fat boy did a similar thing i was following him and i didnt even see it his rear tire caught a bolt and he rode almost 100 miles on a tire with 15psi of air in it the tire is so wide that he didnt even feel it

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Glad your ok. Just goes to show you what others have said about those valve stems. Now I'm going to have to do some research on the whole back tire on the front, backwards idea. :) be safe out there.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Rear tire on the front is also for Darksiders running Car tires on the rear. Double Darkside it's called.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Darksiders? some unknown tribe to be discovered?
or something revealed thru facts, i dont kn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.