Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My bike has a brand new Bridgestone Spitfire S11 tire on it. Is this a good tire? I only run Metzeler Marathon ME 880's on my other bikes but I wont replace this tire if its decent.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The S11 seems hard to get these days, at least over here. They were already fitted to my 1100 when I bought it and I found them good, even though I wasn't sure if they were reccomended for the Wing. I still think the 880 is the better tyre.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
imported post

I put an S11 on the rear ofmy 81 standard this spring. I think it's great. It is a wider tire than what I replaced too, for the same nominal size. It replaced a Dunlop.

I now have a fully loaded 93 Aspy that I am watching for tire comments here on. The tires will need replacing at the latest next winter- in the mean time their noise is making me crazy particulary when turning. Sounds like a truck! Any GL1500 recomendations would be welcomed.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

I've had the Spitfires on our '84 for three years now. Very happy with them. I've heard, however, that they are no longer available.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
imported post

S-11 on the front, wish the Dunlop rear would wear so I have an excuse to get another S-11.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,953 Posts
imported post

Hi Jimbo,

S-11s are excellent tires. Get one for the back. Matched sets are better, no matter what brand.

I had mega headshake problems with Metzler 880 tires. Same with 3 sets of Dunlops but not as bad. Never a problem with "Stones.

Sizes for the GL12 are no longer available, I dont know about the GL11. Check here.

http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/index.aspx

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks all. I feel better now and when I need a rear tire it will be a Stone.

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
imported post

My last 2 sets of tires have spitfires and I like them. Except that the area I live in has a lot of construction going on and nails everywhere.

I am getting mine from www.americanmototire.com and there are some sizes that are no longer available. Of course they carry other tires than just Bridgestones.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

i run spit fires on my wing and you can still get them from j and p cycles its not listed online you have to get the free catalog but they are in there you just have to dig for them they sell the front tire with raised black or white lettering or just plain un raised letters, the rear tire is just un raised lettering they run great in wet or dry, no traction problems yet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.