Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I used to use the 30% brighter type bulbs in my GL1500 (still have them in my car). They are still rated as 55/60w but give a brighter light without using any more power. My question is, can they be got in H7 type bulbs? My auto part dealer isn't too sure about this and is trying to sell me those blue type bulbs instead.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
imported post

You need "Philips Blue Vision H7 Bulbs", they will not melt the plastic headlight or connector blocks and the light is white, not blue as title suggests.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Eddie ,,I think the lights on the 1800 are excellent and I really dont think the h7 bulbs will make a huge difference to the light ,,it was different on the 1500 because the lights were not great on them ,but man the 1800 is a different ballgame ,:waving:,cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I have the 30% Phillips ones. I'd go along with Ciaran. At night it's not much of a gain, but the Phillips gives a whiter light and focuses your attention better for whatever reason. In daylight, the white light packs more visibility to other road users.
Bottom line is that the light is different, not neccessarily lighting the road up better, just differently.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey GWEddie, :waving:The Philips Blue Vision H7 is the bulb your auto part dealer is trying to sell you. :clapper:This particular bulb shows 50% whiter than the normal bulb but not necessarilybrighter. :baffled: As wexman states the lights on the :18red:are excellentand dont need any improvement. :weightlifter:The Philips H7 are knownnot to last for any length ofnormal time. :crying:The price of these in Ireland is 25euro perpkt which is two bulbs. :cooldevil::cooldevil:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

I think Redwing is pulling the wool over our eyes, with his correct comments on white lighting he must be GURU status.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey manxblackcat, :waving:Dont tell anyone, :baffled:it was my neighbour told me what to type. :stumped: I dont know anything about bulbs, :whip:i dont even know where they are. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Hey manxblackcat, :waving:Dont tell anyone, :baffled:it was my neighbour told me what to type. I dont know anything about bulbs,i dont even know where they are.
Tut tut, and you were moaning about not being made a guru! I see you've changed your avatar Redwing. Now we won't mix you up with wexman any more.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Jason wrote:
I see you've changed your avatar Redwing. Now we won't mix you up with wexman any more.
Hey Jason, :waving:How could you be so guilty to mix me up with wexman. :whip: His 1800 is candy red. :crying:My :18red:is Pearl Red. :clapper: You are a "Guru" and im sure you know the price of candy (sweets) as opposed to the price of Pearls.:weightlifter:Thats the reasonwhy Honda called the fastest colour Pearl Red because she is alsothe most expensive. :jumper:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.