Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Personally I think Honda should bring back the original "Valkyrie"(not the rune)with a 1/2 gal larger gas tank and a "Overdrive 6th gear for better milage!

Also think they should put the "Overdrive Gear" on the "GoldWing", the Worlds greatest touring bike should be getting 50 MPG like the Harleys !!!

Several guys I talked to said they would buy it in a minute !:baffled:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

I agree with you 100% wingdawg101 !!!!! :clapper:

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
imported post

Yep..., the Valk was the only bike in many years that made me consider buying a brand new one. I can't believe they discontinued the standard Valkyrie and kept that hideous Rune (Prune?) thing. Not only would I never be seen riding one of those monstrosities, you couldn't beat me hard enough to stand beside one.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

stretrod48 wrote:
I agree with you 100% wingdawg101 !!!!! :clapper:
6 carbs is a little daunting, too. An injected valk, overdrive, oh man. What a beasty!

I would go into debt (further) for one.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

This forum is "feedback for hondas goldwing team ,I think it was for suggestions on how to improve the GOLDWING ,,So lets keep it at goldwings for the moment and maybe at a later date we could look at the valkyrie ,,other wise this forum will see postings for the magna ,shadow etc :),,cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
This forum is "feedback for hondas goldwing team ,I think it was for suggestions on how to improve the GOLDWING ,,So lets keep it at goldwings for the moment and maybe at a later date we could look at the valkyrie ,,other wise this forum will see postings for the magna ,shadow etc :),,cheers Ciaran
I thought the Valkyrie was made by the Goldwing Team. Personally I would be tickled if the brought back the original Valkerie in an aspencade and called the 2007 Gold Wing

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Thats what the valkyrie interstate is ,,,,,,more or less ..I think the reason why Steve started this section of the forum was to get as many ideas for GOLDWING from all the different countries and riders and then hope someone in the upper levels of HONDAs design team might take some of the suggestions on board and put them to use ,,Valkyrie uses a modified goldwing 1500 engine ,So lets get back to goldwing suggestions ...Ciaran

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

The Valk is dead, we won't see it back again. It had a good run, but that's it.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I always considered the "Valkyrie" a beefed up "Gold Wing", the 97 Wing had the same engine as the Valk?!

At any rate they both need a 6th Speed "Overdrive" gear to improve gas mileage!

For $18000 I think a Bike should get 50 MPG !

That way you recoup some of the investment!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Thats what the valkyrie interstate is ,,,,,,more or less ..I think the reason why Steve started this section of the forum was to get as many ideas for GOLDWING from all the different countries and riders and then hope someone in the upper levels of HONDAs design team might take some of the suggestions on board and put them to use ,,Valkyrie uses a modified goldwing 1500 engine ,So lets get back to goldwing suggestions ...Ciaran
Fair enough.

I'd be happy to get an 1800 engine in the package, so I change my vote to, "Bring back the STANDARD"

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
the 1500 Goldwing uses Valkyrie parts.Honda beefed up the Goldwing gearbox with bits from the Valkyrie GL1500C. Honda put the Valkyrie Final drive onto the 1500 Goldwing and beefed up the bottom end of the engine with bits from the Valkyrie, I would not have known this if it was not for Steve's great site!

The Valk [GL1500C]shares so much in common with the Goldwing [GL1500] that it should be recognised as what it is a naked 1500. The Goldwing owes a lot to the Valk.
Just my personal point of view though, my missus rides a 2003 Valk and hates the idea of it being classed as a Goldwing.....:dude:

Maybe this thread would be better in the General forum Ciaran?:)

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Black Bart wrote

The Valk [GL1500C]shares so much in common with the Goldwing [GL1500] that it should be recognised as what it is a naked 1500. The Goldwing owes a lot to the Valk.
Just my personal point of view though, my missus rides a 2003 Valk and hates the idea of it being classed as a Goldwing.....:dude:

Maybe this thread would be better in the General forum Ciaran?:)

Good Idea BB ,,,no soon said than done ,,,ciaran

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

The Valkyrie was engineered to a much higher spec than the Wings, Honda must have dropped it because it was costing too much to produce and price competetively againsts the Wing. If it were ever to return, it would be virtually a different bike with much lower standards of finish. Just go and look at the quality of the headstock etc and you will see why it won't be back. Anyone who wants one should get a good second hand one now, I would hazard a guess that it won't depreciate over time.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Anyone who wants one should get a good second hand one now, I would hazard a guess that it won't depreciate over time.
I'd be willing to do just that if I wasn't worried about parts availability. Honda doesn't seem to support their older models too well, and the Valk having had a short production life, I'm afraid there won't even be much on the used market parts-wise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think they should bring back the GL1000 with fuel injection and updated components. If they could make it between 500-600lb, and around $10k... daaaaang!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
welcome

Welcome to the forum dcrab.

The post about the valk is 10 years old. I get caught responding to old posts also. If you look in the left corner it will show you the original post date.

By the way, the valk is back, and it sure is ugly!

Welcome again,

Rayjoe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.