Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We are moving back to the UK and we want to bring our 05 Wing back with us, with regard to the headlights does anyone know if there is a kit out on the market to change the direction of light so it will pass mot?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

Granted, in cars the lights shine R vs L, but on a bike, I would think that it would only be an adjustment, if anything at all. I'm sure the local folks would have an idea. (meaning I shipped my VW Beetle to the UK when I was staitoned at Bentwaters, and had to get new headlights). But, I wouldn't think a MC light would be in the same category. don't they shine pretty much straight ahead, and couldn't a R/L adjustment be sufficient?

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
imported post

I'm pretty sure the wing headlight is not sided as such. There is no high point on the beam for driving on the wrong side of the road.

I could be wrong but I'm sure i've seen this confirmed somewhere else on this very subject.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. The headlights on the GL1800 are not sided and you can adjust the beam from right to left at the adjusters under the fairing, looking up under the headlight.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
imported post

They are one directional they do not dip to the side as car lights do so no adjustment should be needed

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

Just plate it up tax and away!

Be prepared for a big suprise with insurance. An imported one will attract higher premimums here.:shock:

The cans, Sorry, Exhaust silencers may prove a sticking point. There is a requirement for a BS kite markto be stamped on them. I have yet to see a tester look for it!

The only time it is a problem is race cans on superbikes. Most of those street racer boys have two cans for their bikes. One for use and one for MOT.

On the subject of BS stamps They can be added after fitting and it's just a stamp set and a hammer. Don'task me if that's legal I just know it can be done.

Look forward to seeing youin the nexttraffic jam!in the pouring rain.:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
imported post

When you import bikes to the uk they have to go through SVA single vehicle approval before you can register them if you look on the Vosa web site it will give you all the information you need there have been threads here about it before I think the wings are fairly straight forward

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

lakelander wrote:
They are one directional they do not dip to the side as car lights do so no adjustment should be needed
That's right. They can be adjusted if needed, line them up against a garage door and adjust the left-right from the inner side if you need to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.