Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Administrator
22,359 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
if you think you have it bad in the States ,move to Ireland ,most of our IT industry is moving to India or China
Whew, I thought you were going to say your industry has moved to Scotland.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

:) I would love to move to Ireland, but alas, I cannot due to money. I will visit one day though. Any ways, We do need to put more money back into our own economy and maybe building our own version of the wing would be great. I'd help just to get it started. I could even do the IT stuff for it. It would be fun and I'm sure it would take off, but the killer is where do we get the money to start?

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
imported post

Boeing would be a great choice for a new bike, with their composite technology.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
imported post

If we could get someone like Donald Trump or someone with large sums of money to invest in research and design and be willing to take the gamble it would be great.Do any of you Wingers know of any such person please let us Wingers that are interested know?:cheesygrin:

·
Happy Goldwinger
778 Posts
imported post

Goldwing production is never coming back here. I guess we should be grateful it was ever made here at all and for so long. The bean counters have won out, cheapest location and pay is king now.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
imported post

Yes it is sad but people are complaining about the looks of the 2012 and maybe they will listen who knows Have A Very Blessed Day My Fellow Wingers

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
imported post

I hardly think the 'best motorcycle' would be one on which the frame is prone to break and the plastic parts fall off upon hitting a bump, is very difficult to service and heavy as a hippo.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
imported post

Saw a picture of the 2012 Wing. The style reminded me of the Victory Vision, although not so radical.
Bobby

·
Administrator
22,359 Posts
imported post

Very nice Sunnbobb. Built for touring, a quarter mile at a time.

How old is that picture? The reason I ask is I haven't seen Dunnie GTs in a very long while.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

BobbydSp wrote:
I hardly think the 'best motorcycle' would be one on which the frame is prone to break and the plastic parts fall off upon hitting a bump, is very difficult to service and heavy as a hippo.

Bobby
That's why if we were to build one ourselves, we would have to change quite a few things. the plastic parts are good for weight management, but are typically prone to breaking. the engine could be lighter, but would have to be made to withstand the torque, pressure, abuse, etc. as well as the trans. I think the drive shaft idea would have to stay though. A chain might be lighter, but i've heard more stories about chains going bad then drive shafts. I might change the front a little bit too as well as the electrical system. But that's if we are going to be starting on something new. I really enjoy my 04 though.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
imported post

Well we have the tech advice already in this forum and knowing some of you people the mechanical knowledge all we need is the money backing. Now one thing is we couldn't use the Goldwing name because Honda has the copyrights on it so what are we going to do unless someone buys the copyrights from them and patents.But if we could build and redesign the next Goldwing we could build the best bike on the road we have to start somewhere.:bow:

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

It would need a name. lets all think on that one for a little bit.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

That's a good one, AE for short. I wonder if it's already taken. I'll look.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
imported post

Name the different types of cc bikes after the different Indian tribes and if it sells give these tribes some of the proceeds for using their tribes name.We forget they were here before we were.I'm a American but they are really the true Americans.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Freddie Johnston wrote:
Name the different types of cc bikes after the different Indian tribes and if it sells give these tribes some of the proceeds for using their tribes name.We forget they were here before we were.I'm a American but they are really the true Americans.
That's also a good idea, and unfortunately American Eagle is already taken, but it could be something like "US Eagle Motorcycles : Apache 1800" or just put the name of the tribe and have it understood that one name is the 1200 and another is the 1800. something like that would work.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.