Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you have it covered, the Sea Foam will help. I have used it on bikes that have set for a few years with very good results, it might take a couple of hundred miles to do it though.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

sounds like you have it covered. My LTD sat for about the sama amount of time. seafoam cleaned the injectors quite nicely. if that does not work, have them ultrasonically cleaned. there is NO disassembly of the injector itself. that said, there is a small filter on the top of each one. that should not cause a problem, and are not replaceable. if the main filter fails, they are a last ditch to keep crap out of the injectors. just check to see if they are clean.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
imported post

You say you drained the gas. May need to siphon or pump to get it all out. I prefer Techron, but SeaFoam should be about the same. Best thing to do to get it smooth after getting it safe is to RIDE!!!!!:D Change the plugs out after about 500 miles and the last of the cleaner has gone through. Beware that once you go injected, it may be hard to go back!:goofygrin:

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

That's the one thing I dislike about my 1500. those carbs. Love the injection. Tap the starter, and go. I don't push it hard, cold, but what a pleasure. It's like an electric variable speed motor. No comparison.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

That is one sweeeet machine.. Did you beg, borrow or steal it? It's perfect.. How did you come across it.. ??

Why can't I find jewels like that?

Tell me... tell me... tell me....

Renegade:bowing:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

OMG MrRedwinger. It brings back memories of a friend of mine..(long time friend) who found a 1963 Corvette convertible in a garage in Vermont.. The old lady was moving and sold everything except the Vette.. She wanted her son to have it.. He never came to pick it up and told his mother to junk it.. My friend went up to start cleaning out the house and garage before the property went up for sale and saw the Vette.. He offered the woman $500 for it and she sold it to him.. Can you imagine?..

He restored the car to near new condition.. After restoration, he would not drive it and kept it in his garage that had a dirt floor.. Over the years, the moisture from the dirt floor found its way into the car and destroyed the carpets, seats, wiring and rusted all the metal parts including the exhaust system.. It sits there today, just rotting away.. He refuses to do anything with it.. I've begged him to sell it to me, but no deal...

That LTD you have would stay in my stable forever if I made a deal like you did.. Naturally, it would be WELL used... LOL

Renegade.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Mr.Redwinger...Thanks for the trip down memory lane.. I was a (new to civilian life) car mechanic when the 68 Vettes' came out.. All of us"Hot Rodders" thought they were "lead sleds".. "no go show boats".... You're right... Look at them now...

I've always loved the GL1200 series Wings, and if I came across a sweet deal like you did, I would restore it to pristine condition.. It's just one of those things... Like 57 chevy's, T-Buckets, 427 CobraJet, GTO's... What an era I grew up in... LOL

My youngest son has a 1987 T-bird Turbo Coupe that's been sitting for 4 years since he moved to Georgia.. It's up here behind my in-law's house under cover.. Just sitting there until he decides what to do with it.. I keep bugging him to either sell it or take it to Georgia and restore it...

Kids.... LOL

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,838 Posts
imported post

Mr.RedWinger wrote:
When I called the folks,they told me what they had,and I went to see them..I got the LTD for $1200 And they took off the $386 that has to be paid for the late fee's to DMV,when I have it put in my name..
Rocky,

Out of curiosity, what did the guy do with the other one? I'm not in the market, just curious.

John

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Mr.RedWinger wrote:
I bought this bike with the only intention of bringing it back to life...I just sold my 87 1200,which was the best 1200 I ever rode..
If you get it running right I think you'll find that the LTD/SEI is the greatestfour cylinder 'Wingever built.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,838 Posts
imported post

Mr.RedWinger wrote:
John..The other bike (was in sad shape) was I believe a 650 or 750 hondamatic,I wasn't paying to much attention,because I was talking to the seller about the LTD...
Oh, OK, thanks. I thought this was the seller that had twin LTD's. I didn't realize there was a second LTD that ccsailor was looking at down there.:) Have fun with your project anyway. Sounds like fun if you have the time.

John

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

My SEI had Progressives front and rear, it did right well in the twisties. You'll probably notice the power the LTD has compared to the '87 you had. Your old bike sure wasn't a slouch but I'll bet the LTD will put down your pretty 1500.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

that is one of the good things about fuel injection, they will tend to self-clean when a solvent is introduced. as long as the pintle in the injector is not jammed, the high pressure helps to clean them out. I think you will find the bike has excellent response to the throttle, and is always easy to start. not to mention they run like a bat outta hell on the straightaways.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.