Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

321 - 340 of 344 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

Copper204 exceltent thread. Just bought me an 83 will be rider and resto at same time. First bike I've had since 1985. Sure have missed being in the saddle. Real good tech tips through out. Glad I joined. will be keeping up on yout progress. Best of luck on medical issues.

Jim

·
finishcarpenter
160 Posts
imported post

Great thread,great job. I like the idea of cleaning the tank with tolet bowl cleaner. I always used sheetrock screws and marble chips with the tank strapped to a grill spit with a electric motor and slowly spun around and around.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Its a good idea to put a perolium solution in with a few 1/2 inch stones or nuts a shake it about to get rid of any loose rusty bits... last you thing you need once tank is in place is to have a load of crap clog ya lines

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
imported post

This is a topic I will certainly have to follow!

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
imported post

Watching anxiously for more updates......

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
imported post

Copper
I read this thread and seen it was started last year . I half expected to get to the end seeing that you had sold this bike . I am telling ya that from what i have seen u put into this so far and the shape it is in u could easily get 4000 in BC canada for that bike . I just might be intrested in it when it does go up on the block .
I admire the time and attention to detail u have with this project and wish i had half the patiance you do with my own bike .

Good job and I hope the health problems are getting better for u .

Chris

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
imported post

I too ran across this thread and like any great story, I am on the edge of my seat for the end. Cooper I think you are amazing and appreciate the kind of detail that makes me feel like I could do some of these things. I hope all is well. It will be amazing to watch the bidding on this one. Anyone who has read this thread will realize this bike could be considered priceless. Amazing!!!!:bow:

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
imported post

Just sat and read all this thread in one go, also was dying to get to the end to see result. Can't wait to see it done now. Fantastic article, makes me want to try and have a go at a restoration. Don't thing am any where near your level though. Hope all is well and look forward to the finished product !!

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

After being away from this site for a few years, I have read every post in this thread. The tips are amazing. Who wudda thunk about using toilet bowl cleaner to clean your tanks? I need to get a parts/price list going on the parts that I will need.
Thanks for posting all this for us!
BTW, do you still have any 1200 freebies :):smiler:

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
imported post

my carbs on my 85 look the same way mine been sitting for 10 yrs what a mess took me 30 days just to unsieze motor

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
imported post

Well sorry blokes. I have been having so many medical issues.. the ability to walk each day is nice. My brother conned me out of ELLA.. he gave his wing to one of my son in Laws in my name. He Loves the bike..

I have a ton of parts i need to get rid of..

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

copper204 wrote:
Well sorry blokes. I have been having so many medical issues.. the ability to walk each day is nice. My brother conned me out of ELLA.. he gave his wing to one of my son in Laws in my name. He Loves the bike..

I have a ton of parts i need to get rid of..
Good to see you back Copper, Have followed this threadfor a long time and had always wondered what the outcome with ELLA was. Glad to hear thatit was kept in the family. You did an awesome job restoring it.

Will put in you on my prayer list that the medical issues get better. We all take stuff like walking for granted until, it is either taken away or nearly taken away from us.

:praying:

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
imported post

Ok so starting a new thread next week. It will be called.. How to create a Gold Wing from Copper's scraps.....

The bike will be called Scrappy....

Oh yeah may even be a side car setup

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
imported post

Outstanding article. Hope your health has improved. Law enforcement is not the easiest on the body. Take care and thanks for all the tips!

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
imported post

Kudo's to you on your build thread.
I just bought an 83 aspencade, and have learned how to do to my bike up right.

Kinda funny when you are young you dont think of the things you do daily that affects you greatly later in life.

Like toting fireplace inserts, or lifting wood stoves all day long, in my case.
Low back issues now.

Anyway , i feel for you brother, get better soon.

Thanks for the documentation so i can avoid many mistakes as i restore my GW.
G George

·
Son of Bronson
122 Posts
imported post

Wow! After seeing what Copper and others here have gone through resurrecting these bikes, I realize that I made out
like a bandit!!
Just bought a 76 GL that sat in a attached garage for quite
a few years once the owner switched over to Harleys.
After charging the battery, fresh fuel and oil and new
spark plugs, it fired right up...sometimes on three cycls,
sometimes on four. But I RODE it home 60 miles, and then
took my wife out for a 10 mile ride on it!
It still needs some TLC, but I feel I more than got my
$500 worth!!
Congrats Copper, from a newbie here.

321 - 340 of 344 Posts