Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 344 Posts

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
imported post

Here is how she looked after a day of swishing two bottles of Toilet Bowl cleaner around inside.. woot woot

Hard to tell from photo but it is clean and all blown out and dried with daughters hair dryer for twenty minutes.. Ha Ha

I bought the hair dryer so why shouldn't I get to use it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
imported post

Another Picture of left exhaust with 5 minutes of SOS pad work.. Oh yeah the exhaust system is gonna clean up nice.. saweet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
imported post

This baby is fully loaded. Am Fm CB cassette and all the covers you can think of. It even came with the factory saddle bag liners and toolkit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
imported post

By the way this is how much I had to tear it down to get the fuel tank out.. Not too bad. i had the tank out in thirty minutes. It was a good thing to do. I needed to remove a ton of junk wiring that was for a trunk mounted CD player. I only use MP3 or Sat radio. So it was trashed beside the CD player is dead..lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
imported post

By the way I never clean nuts and bolts by hand. This is the only way. It is crushed walnut shells from local pet store (CHEAP) The vibrating bowl assembly I bought from a gun store also cheap. It will not damage chrome like a wire wheel will.. boo yah

Attachments

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
imported post

i redid a 82 aspencade , my first wing . brings back a lot of memiories seeing these pictures . keep us updated , great job so far..................

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
imported post

I have used Toilet bowl cleaner for years on rust in tanks. It is awesome.. tank starts smoking five minutes after you add toilet bowl; cleaner.. Do it outside and away from everything.. Then copious amounts of water to flush it and immediately treat and or fill with gasoline..

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

WOW. Looks like you have a winner there.
Great job and I love the photos

I asked before about the pledge for wiping down. But you say you misted the bike with 2 cans of it then pressure washed?
What does pledge do this way? Does it act as a cleaner and a wax?

I'm confused.

And for the rusty tanks what kind of toilet bowl cleaner do you use? I don't want to just tell the wife to grab me some toilet cleaner she will probably bring me those tank cakes LOL

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the tips on the vibrator and the walnut shells.
Are those walnut shells also good for sandblasting you think?
I was doing some steel parts for something else, not bikes, with aluminum oxide but just the smell of that stuff gives me a migraine. I had to stop blasting my parts. I mean not use the cabinet for weeks so everything is settled and open it and smell the dust, migraine in a few hours that lasts all night!

What is a baking soda blaster? Is that just a regular sand blaster with soda for media, or is it special for soda use.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
imported post

I am never picky on the toilet bowl cleaner.. Any liquid one works. Just remember outside and away from all metal objects. Then use the left over cleaner and clean you toilet. Honey do..

Then flush tank with copious amounts of water.. To help the process you can throw two hand fulls of pebbles in the tank and swish it around .. besure before you do this you remove the fuel sending unit..

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
imported post

I will post up a small picture of the soda blaster..

Basicly it is a air blaster that sucks up ordinary baking soda. No water needed and blasts the crud right off your carbs and out of your carbs. Then you just run water through the carbs and flush with more air, minus the baking soda. You can get a box of soda for no more than a buck at the store. I am gonna try filling my sand blasting tank that sits on my counter with it... woot woot

21 - 40 of 344 Posts