Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 60 of 344 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Is the toilet bowl cleaner just for the nasty gas or does it eat out any rust also.

I'll watch for the baster pics, thanks

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
imported post

Dog GONE, I am learning A LOT from this thread!

Thank-you soooooooo MUCH, Copper!!! :bow:

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
imported post

Ok put gas in the tank and fired her up.. let her idle for 10 minutes.. Oh yeah buy the way. I forgot. I had first squirted one ounce of Marvels Mystery oil into each cylinder. I also have drained the oil. I refilled it with half oil, one quarter Marvels Mystery and 1/8th Sea-Foam and 1/8th diesel.. I will run this mixture for about 1/2 hour or 1 hour with a fan blowing on the front of the radiator. This is an old school way of cleaning and refurbing the inside of long stored engines. I have done this to every bike, car or jeep I have ever rescued from the scraper.

wow she idles like a top and accelerates fast and hard. she also immediately drops back to a perfect idle. the soda blasting works... boo yah

Attachments

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
imported post

So I called and spoke with the person I got this from. He confirmed it was a head gasket. He stated he was quoted like $1300.00 back in 1994 to replace head gasket. He stated he decided not too at the time and never got back to bike. she runs perfect other than being a mosquito fogger. I will order a head gasket and get new belts and should be about done.. I will of course clean the baby up a lot more, now that I know she is a runner.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
imported post

I too sodablasted my carburetors. I tried every chemical I could get my hands on, and nothing would get the gunk out. Soda blasting worked awesome.

Unfortuntely, alot of the tiny passages still had gunk in them no matter how many times I flushed them. So, I'm still struggling with carb issues.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
imported post

The trick when passages are gunked is:
ot plate and do it in the garage..
wait till wife goes to work.. Get a junky old pot.. fill it 3/4's full.. Bring it to a bowl.. Place disassemble carbs in bowl. let em boil for about 20-30 minutes.. Take out carefully.. allow to cool for just a few minutes then take to garage and blow all that crud outta the passages with copious amounts of air. It works .. oh yeah..

Just dont let missus catch ya.

You can of course always go buy a cheap hot plate and do em in the garage. But where is the excitement in that?

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

WOW again.
Looks like a great bike your gonna have there and thanks for the tips also.

So what are you going to do with it, keep it? Sell It?
Maybe take my 82 on trade with a little cash? LOL

I'll try your flush formula on some old trucks and vans I have here. They start and run but very badly. Stuck valves, rings etc... not enough power in one to pull itself across the yard though it will start and chug chug idle.
I know the truck was a good runner when it was parked.
Think your motor flush will clean it up so it runs again?

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
imported post

It has worked on every motor I have ever brought back. the only one it did not was on my m38a1 Wilys jeep F-134 it had a cracked cylinder wall. But it was a trick taught to me by my grandfather. he used to go around the contry from Oregon to missouri collecting model A's and Model T's

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

copper204 wrote:
It will go on EBAY the moment it is all back together and road worthy. Hal
Oh, I was joking, I figured it went into a collection.
I guess I'll have to start watching Ebay then.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
imported post

I actually did try boiling them as you suggested. Put a hotplate out in the garage and boiled some parts for quite a while. Was pretty disappointed. I had lemon juice mixed in with water.
Oh well, if the carb issues persists, I'll probably just go single carb.
Sorry for the threadjack!

41 - 60 of 344 Posts