Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. On a rode trip in Ohio, alternator went out. Honda wants 460 new and can't get here before Wednesday. Any positive input or assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trike lady, thanks for your reply. I have pulled the alternator, and found a local shop that opens at 8am. Hopefully they will be able to help me. Still looking for alternatives tho. Hate looking out the window of the hotel room and seeing her sit there. She looks sad.

·
Premium Member
12,685 Posts
I hope the electrical shop can help you . Most likely needs brushes . Sometimes a good cleaning with an air hose can solve the problem of carbon build up.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Probably just the brushes, I had that happen several years back on my 92 while I was on vacation. Let us know how everything turns out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update. Rotor is bad. Have new alternator on the way. Be here in morning. Should be rolling by noon tomorrow. Thanks all for your assistance.

·
Administrator
57,377 Posts
I suppose you have walked all over Zanesville by now.

pull the fuse for the lights, and you should be able to ride the bike for short trips, just put the Battery Tender back on it at the hotel.

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
What a place to break down, about 45 minutes away from the AMA motorcycle museum in Pickerington and about 2.5 hrs away from cyclemax to get an alternator as someone already said they had in stock.... Hope you get back on your trip and no further problems arise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts