Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So yesterday i h ad a bunch of errands to run while the fender buffer was workin. I decided to take the bike instead of the car because ti would give me a chance to ride at my 30 years of riding experience pace instead of her 1300 miles experience pace.

All in town so no speeding just less wait time at turns and intersections were she tends to get...well... infuriatingly slow at times.

I never get impatient with her though as that would jst be wrong.

So anyway I'm riding along in the left lane of a four lane road, two lanes of traffic each way plus a curb lane not bothering anyone when this friggin cow in a Chevy Lumina pulls out from a side street from my right into my lane cutting me off, WHILE SHE"S READING HER FARGIN MAIL!!

So I dip to the right lane to swerve around her and flip her the bird as I go by. She doesn't even see me.

We get to a light and thank George she actually was with it enough to stop. I look back and the ...well I can't say that word here...is STILL looking around her car and opening mail and reading it.

I couldn't take it. I shut the bike down drop the side stand and step off. I walk back to her window and say "How about doing us all a favor and reading your (expletive deleted) mail at home before you run someone over?"

She looks at me and says "OK Thank you." Wishing she were a man I could smack around a little I just turned around and got back on my bike and road away.

I've come to point where this is how I handle people doing stupid things behind the wheel. I don't just flip them off and keep going or just shoot them a dirty look and roll on.
If I can safely do so I stop, and tell them about themselves.

Now I know that chances are it will do absolutely no long term good. But if it makes them more attentive for even ten minutes...at least the people they cross paths with for that ten minutes have a better chance of not being splattered on the grill of the douche bag's car.

And I can only hope that some asshat is stupid enough to play tough guy and come out of his car.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

I have done the exact same thing.. ( and it was a rather large man) As ruffled as my feathers where at the time, I think there would have been a blood bath in the middle of the road had he got out of his car... I may have gotten me rump kicked, but he would have known he was in a scrap :lash:

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Wolfman wrote:
:shock:

I know I've felt that way many times.

But how would you have handled it if it had been a 6'5" burley man?
I probably would have been quite a bit nastier. Seeing that it was a woman kept me from being aggressive.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

Careful you don't scare some lady enough that she runs over your a$$ overand they call it self defence. That would be my luck anyway can read the headlines now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.