Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

I bought the Yamaha three years ago for $225 It actually ran at the time. Some carb cleaning and some front end parts later and it's a great little bike. I really couldn't pass it up for the price. To sweeten the deal my neighbor actually bought the bike and let me pay him a little bit each week until i had it paid off. Again...how could I say no?

I bought the CB650 a few months ago. paid $700 for it. At the time one of my club brothers had been riding his brother's POS 76 sportster that puked oil dang near as fast as you could pour it in. Not to mention the only thing that got the thing to run was voodoo. he'd crashed his own bike at the end of last season. So rather than see him miss this season I bought the 650 to loan him for the summer. It is now for sale. Between the price of the bike, the money spent on insurance and registration I have a grand in it and i'm hoping like hell to get that mush out of it. But if I gt the $700 I paid for it I'll be content.

I just bought the Rebel last week. It's a little rough cosmetically but mechanically it is solid. Starts, idles, runs, goes, and stops just like it should. Got it for $300. Again for that price, I really couldn't pass it up. My intention is to clean up all the oxidized aluminum, put a windshield on it, make a small set of saddlebags for it, and maybe paint it. Then sometime next year i'll put it up for sale. Gonna ask $1500 for it. And I shouldn't have any trouble getting it.

Seems for a guy who's Broke I sure do have a lot of toys but...it's by chance more than by design.

The Yamaha is actually "hers". Of course by this time next year she'll be wanting summin bigger and more feature rich so...who knows.

I also have a 73 CB350FOUR sitting in my back yard, that was FREE...who can say no to free? That thing is a lawn ornament though, no chance of restoration, besides I don't have a title for it anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

Nope, you don't suffer from MBS at all! :ROFL:

Seriously though, good catches.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

Now we know why you're broke. :cool:

·
Life Time Premium Member
3,918 Posts
imported post

Does one of these have the custom seat you made?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Man-o-man, is that a 550 Four?

Schwing!!

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I understand the weak point on the 650 Nighthawk is the engine eating bearings. Just an FYI that you probably already know.

Nice stable. You keepin' up with me?? ;)

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

D-Rod wrote:
Does one of these have the custom seat you made?
Tat seat is on the Wing. However it doesn't look so good anymore the sun and my butt have been very cruel to it. I'm probably going to end up dyeing it black.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
I understand the weak point on the 650 Nighthawk is the engine eating bearings. Just an FYI that you probably already know.

Nice stable. You keepin' up with me?? ;)
Yeah, the bearings and the head gaskets tend to leak, which this one does. I MAY pull the motor and replace the head gasket this winter...and I may not. Depends on how long all the other projects I have this winter go.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Nice flock BW. Helluva deal on that Rebel.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

So many bikes. so little time. i'm jealous. :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

ya if look in the back ground the house is for sale to, If thats his house lol

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Nice!!! Good to always have spares and a bike to loan to a pal.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Nice!!! Good to always have spares and a bike to loan to a pal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.