Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Discovered that the troubles I was having getting cylinder 4 to behave was due to the tip of the fuel mix screw being broken off in the carb. Pulled the carbs of to do some detective work and found that I could fit a piece of sewing needle in the hole in the throat of the carb and proceeded to work the tip out.

Finally busted it loose and ran some copper wire through to try and clean it up. When I ran the new screw in, the tip of that one snapped off as well :shock: and now I can't get that one unstuck!

I've buggered up the hole pretty well in the process as well as scratched the throat of the carb a bit. Not sure if I've doomed the carb or not, but does anyone have any suggestions or a #4 carb for sale cheap? I'm soaking it in solvent now in hopes of getting whatever's got it stuck, out.

J-

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
imported post

You might just keep going and see if you can dislodge the tip. Any ideas why two of them broke?

·
Administrator
26,148 Posts
imported post

There may be something in the hole, like the little washer turned sideways.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

IT'S ALIVE!!! Well I ended up buggering up the carb trying to get the broken tip out so I found another carb body and just got it installed today. Running smooth, just finished syncing the 4 carbs and am ready to go out and ride after dinner!!:action:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.