Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys

Quick question - can you tell me if it is possible to repair a broken rad fan as I have just found out that my left hand fan has packed in .

It is the motor that is broken.

The workshop manual tells me that the fans run in opposite directions so you cant just substitute it for any old fan & worst of all is the price that I have been quoted from Honda is wait for it £160.00 or $240 .

A lot of money for something that may never need to come on.

The right hand one is OK

Thanks for your help & advice

Keith.:stumped::stumped::stumped::sadguy::sadguy::sadguy:

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

I'd be heading to a breaker's yard there...

Keith... I'll wager that I can get a used left side fan here in the US, andship it whole or pop-out the motor to pass your way and still have £100+ in your pocket from your £160.

There's actually a nice left fan that Dominic has up on the US eBay site right now (3 pounds 20 and the shipping) ... He also worksinternational shipping ... (I can help from this end with whatever - PM if needed)...

I believe that the motors can be replaced or even rebuilt, for the prices though, the scrappers seem to have these cheap, so it may not be worth the extra work.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

PM zimmerleemark, he had several fans that came out of GW's. I don't know if he still has any of his parts leftover.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks guys I am sorted now - broken wire just outside motor that you couldn't see until you started to take the motor off.
Keith :waving::waving::waving:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.